Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ah, that explains the plug-in
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I thought your files were on a NAS ? Why isn't the Cache folder there as well ?
    Because of scan speed
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)

Is it possible to format the USB stick in ext3 or 4 (which preferred?) while still connected to pi?
    Still wondering why vfat is a problem since pi was perfectly able to create slimserver folder and move all files to the USB stick. This would not be possible if the pi had insufficient rights or am i missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Is it possible to format the USB stick in ext3 or 4 (which preferred?) while still connected to pi?
    Still wondering why vfat is a problem since pi was perfectly able to create slimserver folder and move all files to the USB stick. This would not be possible if the pi had insufficient rights or am i missing something?
    Yes Linux can have many user like any other OS . LMS has its own user in Linux so even if the systtem or root can write to the stick that does not imply that other users have the rigths to do so .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Because of scan speed
    25k+ tracks here.
    Cache on the NAS isn't an issue.
    OK it may be a liitle faster on a USB stick but not dramatically so and TBH I'd prefer nothing on USB because it shares the same bus as the LAN (or vice versa) on a Pi and is IMHO the Pi's weak spot.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

FAT32 (vfat) just doesn't support what LMS needs when installing plugins that are not included with LMS. Don't worry about why, you can be assured that it doesn't work.

Yes you can format your usb stick on pCP, ext4 is fine. But you will have to do that from command line with tools like fdisk and mkfs. I suspect you are a windows guy, you can format your USB stick with NTFS. Last I checked NTFS worked fine with LMS and extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    FAT32 (vfat) just doesn't support what LMS needs when installing plugins that are not included with LMS. Don't worry about why, you can be assured that it doesn't work.

Yes you can format your usb stick on pCP, ext4 is fine. But you will have to do that from command line with tools like fdisk and mkfs. I suspect you are a windows guy, you can format your USB stick with NTFS. Last I checked NTFS worked fine with LMS and extensions.
    Thanks, will do