Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    To my ears it sounds better than it's previous iterations but it has stuttered on occassions.
    Music Store: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Player:
    LMS 7.9.1 on Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+
    Portable Server/Player: LMS 7.9.1 on HP-DV2700 Laptop/Ubuntu 17.10 with synced music drive.
    Homeplug LAN Players: Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22/HDMI/Jivelite, Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    UPNP Wifi Players: Chromecast Audio, Revo Super-Connect Radio, GGMM-E5 portable
    VPN Player: SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

My apologies - it is FLAC. Have no idea where you got this stream from - do you have the Absolute Rock stream by any chance?

Frankly it still doesn't sound great. I guess they do some sort of sound processing with all the streams...

I don't have to hand but it's easy to find.

Open up the stream defined in Absolute Radio Links page in VLC.

In VLC right click on the Stream Title and open the "Information" Tab.

At the bottom of the "information page/general tab" you will see a "Location" showing the true URI of the network stream not the playlist defined in the links page (Which LMS can't process).

You can also see the FLAC parameters under the "information page/codec tab"

Enter the "Location" stream address in the "LMS Radio/Tune In URL" box and save the playing stream as a favourite or playlist.

Took me longer to type this than giving you the URL directly but you can use this methodology in other situations.

Edit: I think I agree with you about processing but AR aren't going to do a Radio 3 and give us a totally unprocessed stream.
    Last edited by ian_heys; 2017-10-16 at 09:35.
    Music Store: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Player:
    LMS 7.9.1 on Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+
    Portable Server/Player: LMS 7.9.1 on HP-DV2700 Laptop/Ubuntu 17.10 with synced music drive.
    Homeplug LAN Players: Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22/HDMI/Jivelite, Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    UPNP Wifi Players: Chromecast Audio, Revo Super-Connect Radio, GGMM-E5 portable
    VPN Player: SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

Great - all working. Thanks very much!