Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Mysqueezebox account "lost" the SB3 player

I noticed mysb.com had an odd name for the player and found it had the wrong MAC address. I deleted it, and as it was the only player it defaulted to the page saying "Oops! You don't appear to have any players registered to this account."

My SB3 is playing, LMS is running, and is registered on the same login as the Firefox browser 55.0.1 (32-bit)
    LMS 7.9.1 - 1502118993

Refreshing the page had no effect. I changed the mysb.com password and that had no effect either.

Any other ideas?
    SB3, UE Radio, CA DacMagic, Talk Electronic stereo. LMS 7.9.1 BBCiPlayer, Shairtunes2 plugins

Switch on your SB3 to mysbc. If it still doesn't appear on your mysbc account, have a look on your SB again ( still connected to mysbc) somewhere under Information. There you can check the email address where the Box is logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia P View Post
    I noticed mysb.com had an odd name for the player and found it had the wrong MAC address. I deleted it, and as it was the only player it defaulted to the page saying "Oops! You don't appear to have any players registered to this account."

My SB3 is playing, LMS is running, and is registered on the same login as the Firefox browser 55.0.1 (32-bit)
    LMS 7.9.1 - 1502118993

Refreshing the page had no effect. I changed the mysb.com password and that had no effect either.

Any other ideas?
    Check the SB3 actual MAC address , it in the setup menu somewhere and should correspond to the sticker on the SB3 itself . It can get corrupted and you may need to reset it .
    Last edited by Mnyb; 2017-08-14 at 14:12.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Switch on your SB3 to mysbc. If it still doesn't appear on your mysbc account, have a look on your SB again ( still connected to mysbc) somewhere under Information. There you can check the email address where the Box is logged in.
    Yes the mysb account that the player logs into is a different one. Once I reset the password and logged on it all worked fine.

Thanks everyone for advice, as I didnt know the Player had such useful Info scrolling.
    Last edited by Patricia P; 2017-08-15 at 09:36. Reason: Forgot to say thanks
    SB3, UE Radio, CA DacMagic, Talk Electronic stereo. LMS 7.9.1 BBCiPlayer, Shairtunes2 plugins

Fine that it's working again. But since I don't understand exactly, what you did to kind of solve your problem I want that say some more:
    As long as your Classic doesn't show up on your own mysbc account respectively there is still the wrong email address in those informations, it's not perfectly working. Only Logitech can switch the Classic from one user to another. The other possibility to get rid of the wrong account and your SB back is, to ask the owner of the mentioned email address to delete the Box from his account.

Thus I'm kind of curious if and how you got rid of this problem.

I was wondering why the player Mac changed. Recently, I was mucking around with castbridge plugin and my Chromecast audio, and I found a new player on my local PC instance of lms server. I uninstalled the plugin and after a few restarts the server removed the unwanted player with the same name as the Chromecast.

I checked mySB.com and I saw two players and deleted Chromecast one. The remaining one may have had the Mac address of the Chromecast I didn't check before deleting it too once I saw it had no connection with my squeezebox player.

How I corrected the issue

I checked that the Mac address on hardware matched the information scrolling on the player. (OK)
    I saw the email address on the player was an old one. I still have access to the registered email address and reset the password, via lost password on the same site. Once the same email address was in use the player showed up on my account.
    Last edited by Patricia P; 2017-08-15 at 14:41.

Thank you very much for
    your exhausting answer. I think I understand now.
    One more thing: while your SB is connected to your LMS, it will appear on mysbc as not connected. Because it is not connected... to mysbc. But it's still your SB.

Typing it was exhausting, maybe reading it is also? 😁 I was trying for exhaustive.

Language uses connection in different contexts.

There is no connection between my server and player.
    There is a strange player on my mysbcom account, no connection recognised.

Oops, sorry. Indeed I meant exhaustive. (In German we only have exhausting fŘr both meanings. Language, again. )
    Thank you once more for letting me learn something new.

Ad "Connection": I use it here in the following context. If a SqueezeBox is connected to a server, this server controls the SB and so do I over a WEB UI, an App or sometimes another Player. All connected to the same server.
    So, while LMS controls your SB, mysbc shows that SB under Players with status "not connected". As soon as you switch the SB to mysbc, it should change the status to "connected" and vice versa.

I am a little lost now, because I don't know if you need any further assistance to sort out, that there is a strange player visible in your mysbc account. So if you want to continue (maybe tomorrow because it's late her in good ol' Germany), tell us. What kind of player is it btw? No SB3, I assume?

Furthermore you mention, that there is no connection between your server and your SB. Do you mean a physical, wired, connection? Or is it not possible for you to control your SB? If the latter is the case, tell us, also.

Otherwise, when all is working fine for you, as you wrote earlier, we can stop right here.

Regards, karlek