Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

JiveLite with screensavers (DPMS Issue)

I would like to run JiveLite in an LXDE (OpenBox) instance on a Pi3 (Linux raspberrypi 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 armv71)
    As Per the instructions over at the source forge page for squeezeplay, it appears that it is possible to enable the XScreensaver with a switch in the startup script.
    If you want your screensaver to start, uncomment export SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1 in the script.
    Is there a similar setting that can be used with JiveLite? I prefer to use JiveLite as the Pi won't always be running X and jivelite plays nice with squeezelite. I've noticed that JiveLite sends a signal that wakes the monitor from DPMS off state when it is running.

Alternatively, is it possible to use Squeezeplay with Squeezelite? That would also be a great solution.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTxoof View Post
    I would like to run JiveLite in an LXDE (OpenBox) instance on a Pi3 (Linux raspberrypi 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 armv71)
    As Per the instructions over at the source forge page for squeezeplay, it appears that it is possible to enable the XScreensaver with a switch in the startup script.

Is there a similar setting that can be used with JiveLite? I prefer to use JiveLite as the Pi won't always be running X and jivelite plays nice with squeezelite. I've noticed that JiveLite sends a signal that wakes the monitor from DPMS off state when it is running.

Alternatively, is it possible to use Squeezeplay with Squeezelite? That would also be a great solution.

Thanks for your help!
    Yes you can use squeezeplay with squeezelite just go to settings and select Choose Player then pick the squeezelite player, just like jivelite. The VU and spectrum now playing screens are not available for remote players.

Or create a script /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh start jivelite and set the variable at the top.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    export SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1
    /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thank you so much! I'm enormously grateful for all your work. Is there a way to donate to help support the development work you do?

This is exactly what I needed. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try using that environmental variable.

Which of the two, JiveLite or SqueezeLite, are most actively maintained? Which would you recommend using for a touch based player running Raspbian? I've tried both, but on my first try with SqueezePlay it looked like it was running its own squeezelite player and I was a bit confused.

I'm a little unclear what the differences between JiveLite and SqueezePlay are. Can you elaborate a bit more on that?

Thank you so much! I'm enormously grateful for all your work. Is there a way to donate to help support the development work you do?
    Click the word donations in my signature.

Which of the two, JiveLite or SqueezeLite, are most actively maintained? Which would you recommend using for a touch based player running Raspbian? I've tried both, but on my first try with SqueezePlay it looked like it was running its own squeezelite player and I was a bit confused.
    I maintain Jivelite, Squeezelite and Squeezeplay.

I'm a little unclear what the differences between JiveLite and SqueezePlay are. Can you elaborate a bit more on that?
    The big differences are;

Squeezeplay has the player integrated.

Jivelite is only a controller but has hooks to squeezelite to support the VU and spectrum now playing screens when both are run on the same computer.
    Jivelite includes several grid skins that are not supported with squeezeplay.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.