Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS 7.9.1 - IR Blaster bug?

Hi All - I recently upgraded to LMS 7.9.1 - 04.201 from 7.9.0. I have come across an issue with the new LMS 7.9.1.

I think there may be as a bug that is affecting the IR blaster for the SB Touch.

After I upgraded from 7.9.0 my SB Classic still worked fine with IR blaster. The Touch however stopped working,for all IR commands. It stills sends the IR commands (I see the emitter flashing when i send test commands) but the AV receiver no longer responds.

I backed out to 7.9.0 and it still works fine with that version. I always use the same conf file. I vaguely recall there being an issue years ago with the IR Blaster and the Touch, where the IR codes were truncated. Felix Mueller applied a fix and it has been working perfectly since.

Other troubleshooting steps i took - I tried sending from the Touch the IR commands that work with the Classic. (i have them on different zones on my AV Receiver). Also do not work, although the same IR commands work when sent from the SB Classic.

Has any one seen this? Any ideas? thanks!

With a bit more troubleshooting, it appears the issue may be related to Vortexbox version 2.4 (which is based on fedora 23). With LMS 7.9.1 on the VB 2.3, IRBlaster still works. The same LMS version on 2.4 does not. Again, the Touch is sending IR commands. The IR emitter flashes. They are just not recognized by the AV receiver. The SB Classic on the same platform (VB 2.4 plus LMS 7.9.1) does work.

Is it possible it is a different perl version on 2.4 vs 2.3 that may be affecting the IRBlaster plugin? Pure speculation. But imagine there must be some dependency at work which is preventing the proper function of the plugin.

any ideas!? thanks

LMS 7.9.1 - IR Blaster bug?

Did you try 7.9.1 on VB 2.4 more than once? Might have been a glitch?

--

Michael