Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

RME ADI-2 Pro DAC with EDO?

Dear all,

since I posted this question in the respective forum of RME already - resulting in over 3500 clicks in a mere 3 weeks but zero replies - I thought I might try it here...

Did anybody manage to get the SBT "working" with RME's ADI-2 Pro through USB, i.e. using EDO?
    SPDIF obviously works fine (showing correct 44.1kHz upto 192kHz sample rates) but connecting the SBT through USB results in "768kHz int" in RME's display and no output signal… I assume this being a „Kernel issue“ of the SBT (also tried Standard, #7,#11 and #12 Kernel with no success). Aries Mini, Fiio X5, X7 and Chord Mojo all work flawlessly with SBT but not ADI-2 Pro... I also checked the spreadsheet compiled for working DAC's but nobody seems to be using RME...

Any hints?

Thanks!

And did you try a USB hub between the SBT and the DAC? This is the default answer for some DACs which don't like direct connect.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Dear Drmatt, yepp I read the whole 232 pages thread re. EDO and tried the USB hub trick as well - no success.
    Anyway thanks for your reply!

You have more patience than I!

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by Fonti68 View Post
    Dear Drmatt, yepp I read the whole 232 pages thread re. EDO and tried the USB hub trick as well - no success.
    Anyway thanks for your reply!

I'm also struggling with this. Tried all I can think of, as you already have. Shame really, SBT is still an awesome transport. Optical for now I suppose. Please post if you manage to solve this with the RME ADI-2 Pro

Cheers