Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mixcloud on Boom (and Squeezeplay)

First of all thanks to everyone who is doing the work to keep my system going in the ever changing world of music streaming.
    Now the tech question. I cannot get the new Mixcloud plugin to work on my Boom player or SqueezePlay app. Works fine on my Touch. "Problem:Unable to play file type..."
    Using
    LMS v 7.7.5 Window machine
    LMS v 7.9.0 Debian Raspberry Pi
    Note: Neither Windows LMS and Debian LMS work to play Mixcloud on the two devices mentioned (all other plugins work on both systems connect to the Boom and Squeezeplay)
    And as I said, the Touch players runs Mixcloud and everything else from both flavors of LMS.
    Boom Firmware 57
    SqueezePlay 7.8.0-r719
    Mixcloud plugin v0.1.2

Is there hope to get my Boom to play Mixcloud tracks?
    Thanks

--John
    Last edited by jrwendt; 2017-08-09 at 07:39.

The error "Problem:Unable to play file type..." usually means the audio format you have selected cannot played natively on the device e.g AAC on Boom or 96Khz on Boom. If this is the problem then underlying issues ios NOT a Mixcloud problem.

I suggest describe in detail for format of the audio you are trying to play such as 44.1Khz/48Khz/96Khz, AAC, Flac, MP3 , 24bit sample etc.

I suggest describe in detail for format of the audio you are trying to play such as 44.1Khz/48Khz/96Khz, AAC, Flac, MP3 , 24bit sample etc.[/QUOTE]
    [/U]
    Is there a way to see what type of file Mixcloud is streaming?

I also want to note that Soundcloud works perfectly across all of my devices. Mixcloud is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jrwendt View Post
    I suggest describe in detail for format of the audio you are trying to play such as 44.1Khz/48Khz/96Khz, AAC, Flac, MP3 , 24bit sample etc.
    [/U]
    Is there a way to see what type of file Mixcloud is streaming?[/QUOTE]

I don't know mixcloud but at a guess it is mp4 (mime tye audio/mp4) - since it works on Touch - look at the More menu when a stream is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    [/U]
    Is there a way to see what type of file Mixcloud is streaming?
    I don't know mixcloud but at a guess it is mp4 (mime tye audio/mp4) - since it works on Touch - look at the More menu when a stream is playing.[/QUOTE]

Yup the mixes I'm trying to play are Mp4 files. No hope for the Boom? Seems that Squeezeplay chokes on these files as well.

Yup the mixes I'm trying to play are Mp4 files. No hope for the Boom? Seems that Squeezeplay chokes on these files as well.
    If Touch works then for other player it is a matter of right transcode setup. Boom can play MP4 for many other users with transcoding. IIRC 7.7 does not have the support for mp4. 7.9.1 has the support so I suggest try upgrading.

IIRC Squeezeplay is a bit old and might not have all the necessary codecs. Squeezelite should be able to play as latest versions can generally play all the Touch can play (and more).
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-08-09 at 12:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    If Touch works then for other player it is a matter of right transcode setup. Boom can play MP4 for many other users with transcoding. IIRC 7.7 does not have the support for mp4. 7.9.1 has the support so I suggest try upgrading.

IIRC Squeezeplay is a bit old and might not have all the necessary codecs. Squeezelite should be able to play as latest versions can generally play all the Touch can play (and more).
    Thanks,
    I will give this a try.

Thanks,
    I will give this a try.
    Ok have I have LMS 7.9.1~1502265250 installed and running, but still MP4 Mixcloud files will not play on my Boom. Any other suggestions?

Ok have I have LMS 7.9.1~1502265250 installed and running, but still MP4 Mixcloud files will not play on my Boom. Any other suggestions?
    If it plays OK on Touch (and hopefully also on squeezelite) then it means the transcode rule is not working or not setup.

Can you play any plain AAC streams on Boom ?

Try the following: http://www.somafm.com/illstreet64.pls

What are the MPEG-4 settings shown in WebUI Settings/Advanced/Filetypes