Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    I just had an idea that might bring SB owners back into the market place. I haven't read all the posts on this thread so someone may have alluded to something like this. But, what if SONOS made their devices compatible with the Squeezeboxes. I would be very inclined to buy SONOS products to add to my SB ecosystem. It might be a profitable venture for SONOS.
    Probably not. Even if it was just a software update it would take a team of 4-6 people including a PM, test, docs etc. You are looking at over half a million dollars just for 6-months work, and that doesn't include shipping and marketing, or ongoing maintenance. To open Sonos up to what maybe an audience of maybe a couple of thousand potential users at most. Of those users, how many would buy additional Sonos and how many?

I certainly wouldn't be prepared to buy into the Sonos eco-system and would rather spend my money elsewhere. If Sonos were an open platform, it could be done outside of the Sonos company and licensed as an app, or supported by add revenue, but then it would have already been done. You need a business case of 3x the investment minimum to get anything off the ground just to look at what it might cost. 10x is normal.

and yes, I used to be an Executive Director and architect/designer for major software orgs...
    Last edited by cathcam; 2017-09-20 at 09:59.
    ---------------------------
    http://markcathcart.com/about

Running a ReadyNAS NVX LMS Server, currently 7.9.0; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage).
    Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Squeeze Ctrl app on Android.

Anyone else notice the similarity between the Duet+controller and the Harmony Pro and the Home Hub...
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...ny-pro?crid=60

I wonder if you could use the Harmony Pro as a remote to control a player or LMS?
    ---------------------------
    http://markcathcart.com/about

Running a ReadyNAS NVX LMS Server, currently 7.9.0; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage).
    Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Squeeze Ctrl app on Android.

In broad sweeping terms only.. a lot of time has passed. I've no doubt the hub has a huge amount more power and features compared to the duet/receiver.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    In broad sweeping terms only.. a lot of time has passed. I've no doubt the hub has a huge amount more power and features compared to the duet/receiver.

That looks right to me.

Another Logitech acquisition (2004, for USD 29m). And still in production!

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    These last few posts are talking about SONOS, not Sonore. Many (all?) Sonore products already work with LMS, as they include Squeezelite.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cathcam View Post
    I wonder if you could use the Harmony Pro as a remote to control a player or LMS?
    I use a Harmony 650 to control a Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    I use a Harmony 650 to control a Touch.
    Via infrared presumably. It would be interesting to know if there are vestiges of the LMS cli over Ethernet, is the point of the original question if I read it right. Personally I very very much doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Harmony devices were evolution of the Controller hardware and OS stack.

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

The Harmony Pro will control most if not ALL Slim Devices that use IR Remote. The Duet IE Receiver/Controller are RF Controlled devices so the Harmony Pro doesn't work with them.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Anyone else notice the similarity between the Duet+controller and the Harmony Pro and the Home Hub...
    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...ny-pro?crid=60

Yes, it works. I was able to set up my Harmony display to list the six presets with custom labels - mostly Napster channels. This lets me turn on and play music without having to look away from the remote.