Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Spotty Problem: Perl Modul IO::Socket::SSL!

Hi Everybody,
    I've installed Spotty and upgraded to LMS 7.9.1 on my QNAP TS-453 NAS, deinstalled old Spotify plugins but can't get Spotty to work:

I'm still getting error messages requesting for Perl Modul IO::Socket:SSL!

"Spotty ben÷tigt das Perl Modul IO::Socket::SSL! Ohne dieses Modul ist die Nutzung von Spotty NICHT m÷glich. Bitte benutze den Paket-Manager deines Betriebssystems um es zu installieren."

Are there already solutions for this?

Thank you very much in advance,

Kind regards

If you search in this thread you will find several reports of this problem.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-Spotty-v1-1-0

Gerrelt has posted an update on how to do it, but I don't think it solves the problem.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by kika1992 View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I'm still getting error messages requesting for Perl Modul IO::Socket:SSL!
    Here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ht=#post835298

Hi!

Same problem here, using a Netgear NAS 204. And I have no idea about the answere Thread one up....

Would be glad about any easy solution!

Greetings

Christian
    * Squeezebox Duet * Squeezebox Boom * Squeezebox Radio * Ready NAS NV+ * Ready NAS 204 * Softsqueeze *
    http://www.lastfm.de/user/christianst

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianST View Post
    Same problem here, using a Netgear NAS 204. And I have no idea about the answere Thread one up....
    That's an entirely different beast. Search the Spotty thread for some instructions on how to do that, for instance this

Net::SSLeay install on QNap

...finally I managed to install the IO::Socket::SSL Module using entware-ng and the linked thread above, but I didn't manage to install the also required Net::SSLeay Module, which needs to be compiled.

Would be great to know, if anybody has Spotty running successfully on a QNAP NAS. Maybe he or she could explain how to do that without studying informatics.

Thank you very much in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by kika1992 View Post
    ...finally I managed to install the IO::Socket::SSL Module using entware-ng and the linked thread above, but I didn't manage to install the also required Net::SSLeay Module, which needs to be compiled.

Would be great to know, if anybody has Spotty running successfully on a QNAP NAS. Maybe he or she could explain how to do that without studying informatics.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Several years ago, I gave up trying to run LMS on a QNAP - I now use a Pi3 running LMS via piCorePlayer with the music files on the QNAP. It was was easy to set up and is fast and robust. And Spotty works well. That might be your easiest solution.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob