Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    464

    Jazzradio.com URLs stopped working

    I occasionally listen to some of Jazzradio.com's streams, which are generally good.

    I've been using this form of URL ...

    http://pub5.jazzradio.com:80/jr_cool...8214f429ec79a2

    ... which, as an example, gave me their Cool Jazz stream.

    Now that one, and other similar ones for Vocal Legends etc, do not connect.

    Anyone got any working URLs?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    464
    OK, I'll try the Music forum here and see if someone there can help.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    464
    Did a bit more digging. Jazzradio.com seems to have stopped access via Squeezeboxes/LMS to the previous free streams, and now you can only get their streams by subscribing to a Premium offer, about ú70 a year (also includes other genre stations).

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,330
    Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Did a bit more digging. Jazzradio.com seems to have stopped access via Squeezeboxes/LMS to the previous free streams, and now you can only get their streams by subscribing to a Premium offer, about ú70 a year (also includes other genre stations).
    Not quite right - a plugin would be needed for free MP4 streams but they can be accessed via the audioaddict API.

    the URLs look somehting like - this one it time limited
    https://content.audioaddict.com/prd/d/c/4/0/2/4df6d872a73b0da839ae995b5ada7cac57e.mp4?purpose=pl ayback&audio_token=c5a7dbacecf6aea002ff379da68061a e&network=jazzradio&device=chrome_mobile_60_androi d_6_0&exp=2017-08-04T09:19:38Z&auth=969ee5cb23cbbeebda4886689a5c382a 73fc8d2f

    To get the URls needs to acess API and get JSON replies something like (channle 78 is Cool Jazz)
    https://www.jazzradio.com/_papi/v1/ping
    https://www.jazzradio.com/_papi/v1/jazzradio/routines/channel/78?audio_token=c5a7dbacecf6aea002ff379da68061ae&_= 1501752135802
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-08-03 at 02:25.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    464
    Thanks bpa. Tried both of those URLs (pasted into Favourites) but neither worked. Did you think they would?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,330
    Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Thanks bpa. Tried both of those URLs (pasted into Favourites) but neither worked. Did you think they would?
    No - AFAICT the audo token and auth value are only valid once per session and/or have to be used with a time window.

    I'm guesssing but I suspect a number of params have to be generated just before they are needed so that is why a plugin is needed. There may be other things to be faked such as HTTP headers to look like coming from a browser.

    for example:
    The 1501752135802 in second URL is epcoh time for "Thursday, 3 August 2017 09:22:15.802" - this API call is needed to get the playable MP4 URL with auth code but there is some other check that needs to be worked out.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-08-04 at 02:42.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Did a bit more digging. Jazzradio.com seems to have stopped access via Squeezeboxes/LMS to the previous free streams, and now you can only get their streams by subscribing to a Premium offer, about ú70 a year (also includes other genre stations).
    It's not a bad deal, considering that their classical offerings are also very good if your tastes run in that direction.

  8. #8

    RadioTime Jazzradio

    I have a bunch of the jazzradio listings as Favorites and as presets. I don't connect to LMS often, so these are seen at the MySB favorites. They are through the tunein app; you don't even need to be logged in, I believe, because the Squeezebox opml for tunein often show up as "partnerid=16" for this system. I installed the Tunein App, and am logged in for that, so some of the OPML show my id.

    I think I did a search from the Radio, got one playing, Preset it, which loads it into Favorites, and then decided to load more into Favorites. I've had them so long, I can't remember any details, really.

    Is my list what you are asking about?

    Name:  Jazzradio.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  158.9 KB

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I have a bunch of the jazzradio listings as Favorites and as presets. I don't connect to LMS often, so these are seen at the MySB favorites. They are through the tunein app; you don't even need to be logged in, I believe, because the Squeezebox opml for tunein often show up as "partnerid=16" for this system. I installed the Tunein App, and am logged in for that, so some of the OPML show my id.

    I think I did a search from the Radio, got one playing, Preset it, which loads it into Favorites, and then decided to load more into Favorites. I've had them so long, I can't remember any details, really.

    Is my list what you are asking about?

    Name:  Jazzradio.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  158.9 KB
    Not the same Jazz radio OP was looking for - your is jazzradio.fr

  10. #10
    "your is jazzradio.fr"

    I highly recommend them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •