Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A simple how to for "Spotty" and pCP

Here is a bare bones on how to install Spotty on a Raspberry pi3B.
    This is just my simple guide to what I have done, if you use it, you do so at your own risk.
    You first need to install LogitechMediaServer on the pi.
    Decide which OS you want to use.
    I have used piCorePlayer in this example.

Information can be found here

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/news

and here for lots more detail on each step

http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/main_about.shtml

Here is a precis of the steps involved, it does not take very long to do, just take your time and check each step as you go along.

1) Download piCorePlayer v3.2.1 (I used the normal version)

2) Burn the image to a sd card (4gb, in this case) I used Etcher https://etcher.io/ (which will use the zipped image).

3) Put the SD card into the pi, conect the pi to your network with an Ethernet cable, plug in the power supply and switch on.

Allow a minute or so for the pi to stabalise and then find its IP address.

I went to my router's web pages and looked under DHCP Server, Clients List.

There are also apps to enable you do do this on your computer OS, use Google to find one.

4) Open the pCP web page in your favourite browser.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  119.1 KB

5) Click on the Main Page tab and then on the beta tab at the bottom and the on the Resize FS button

Name:  2.png
Views: 544
Size:  66.8 KB

6) Choose the size of the partition and follow the instructions (I went with 200MB) Allow time for the reboot.

Name:  3.png
Views: 546
Size:  174.6 KB

7) Still on the bottom beta tab click on the LMS tab on the top of the page.

Click the radio button for Autostart and the Install button for LMS. Be patient it will take a short time to complete.

Name:  4.png
Views: 542
Size:  87.3 KB

I'll continue in a second post.

HOw to (continued)

8) If you have the red cross on the new page, just click on the Start button. There will be a green tick when LMS is running.

Click on Configure LMS and fill in what ever details you wish, I just skipped through that.

When you are through to the Server gui click on "Settings" bottom right corner.

Then click on the "Plugins" tab.

Scroll down and untick the Official Spotify plugin box

Name:  5.png
Views: 520
Size:  98.4 KB

Scroll further down to 3rd Party Plugins and tick "Spotty Spotify Implementation........" plugin box

Name:  5a.png
Views: 518
Size:  157.3 KB

Continue scrolling down and click "Update plugins Automatically" and then click Apply

Name:  5b.png
Size:  147.7 KB

A message box will open asking for LMs to restart, go back to the piCorePlayer web gui, LMS tab and click restart.

After restarting LMS refresh the LMS Server Settings page and click on the Plugin tab> scroll down to the new "Spotty" plugin and click on Settings.

If you still have Spotify (v1.0) present, un tick the box (check that the "Update" box is still ticked) and click Apply and repeat the restart procedure.

Refresh the Browser again and return to the Plugins page to check that "Spotify" has gone and the then click on Settings at the end of the "Spotty (v1.2.1) lne of text.

Complete the necessary details and follow the instructions

Name:  6.png
Size:  186.0 KB

If you only want to use the pi for LMS then you can stop Squeezelite starting by going to the "Tweaks" page in piCorePlayer,
    also remember to select a player in your LMS Web Gui before starting "Spotty".

If you wish to update LMS manually to v7.9.1 then follow the guide from here

http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/main_howto.shtml

Notice on the top left corner of the piCorePlayer web gui there are (after install) a couple of quick links to take you to the "Help" and "LMS" respectively.

If I have missed anything out , you'll have to work it out yourself and post it on this thread (smartarse )

Ronnie

You have missed the additional file system and mount instructions
    Another way of finding the IP address if you already have a working LMS is to look at the working one Settings / information and scroll down looking for piCorePlayer
    Otherwise looks pretty spot on to me
    👍
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post

��
    You have missed the additional file system and mount instructions
    No I haven't I've ignored them The clue is the title "A simple how to for "Spotty" and pCP"

Another way of finding the IP address if you already have a working LMS is to look at the working one Settings / information and scroll down looking for piCorePlayer
    A very good point, you can be ink monitor next week

Otherwise looks pretty spot on to me
    terrible puns are allowed, but you'r already the ink moitor, so no reward .

Thanks Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Here is a bare bones on how to install Spotty on a Raspberry pi3B.
    Just to clarify..... Is this how to install LMS on a Raspberry Pi3B with the plugin Spotty..... And this is what someone should follow if they want the Rpi to point to their NAS system, where there music resides?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    Just to clarify..... Is this how to install LMS on a Raspberry Pi3B with the plugin Spotty.....
    Yes, this is how I did it (It has all been explained before but in drips and drabs, this is just an attempt to help people doing it for the first time).

Just to clarify....... And this is what someone should follow if they want the Rpi to point to their NAS system, where there music resides?

Thanks,
    Well no, as that is not covered, pointing the pCP LMS at the NAS is pretty straightforward and I sure has been documented several times in one of the pCP threads, I do have some screenshots somewhere, but not here at the mo..

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Well no, as that is not covered, pointing the pCP LMS at the NAS is pretty straightforward and I sure has been documented several times in one of the pCP threads, I do have some screenshots somewhere, but not here at the mo..

ronnie
    Yes, I understand that, as you said it is pretty straight forward.....What I was getting at is the LMS is running on the Pi not on the NAS.... But music resides on a NAS.

This is for a friend of mine, as I have a Synology NAS where LMS is running and the music in also on.

Yes, I understand that, as you said it is pretty straight forward.....What I was getting at is the LMS is running on the Pi not on the NAS.... But music resides on a NAS.

This is for a friend of mine, as I have a Synology NAS where LMS is running and the music in also on.
    I have a Qnap TS121 and the connection is simple.

Name:  1.png
Views: 361
Size:  23.6 KB

Fill in the details (default on my Qnap is NFS, formatted ext4, so I don't need to do the extra bit)

and then go here where one should see the name of the music file on the NAS

Name:  2.png
Views: 361
Size:  23.9 KB

what NAS does your friend have?

ronnie