Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    What happened was that Spotify finally made good on the promise they made years ago to shut down the interface used by Logitech and numerous other companies. So perhaps we can be angry with Spotify for not keeping an abandoned API running indefinitely.
    But you did not pay anyone to make it work with your SBT. Spotify made this API and library available at no cost, Logitech made the app available at no cost and provided hosting for it on mysqueezebox.com at no cost to you.
    And either way, Logitech isn't going to keep mysqueezebox running forever, considering that the Squeezebox line was dropped long ago (in consumer electronics terms) so it would never be a long term solution even if Spotify hadn't shut it down.
    Be thankful that there is a way to keep Spotify working for you.
    Thanks for the detailed and helpful explanation, could you please clarify the "way to keep Spotify working" on the SBT, even it's just a link to another thread? I'm rushing out the door with my family and don't have time at the moment to read up on this topic. I know this isn't Logitech/Squeezebox's "fault" and that the day could come when I'd be unable to use Spotify with my SBT, but am still unclear if that day has come. Like the OP I've been using the Triode plugin and all of a sudden Spotify is either missing from my iPeng menus or I'm getting a "404 not found" error message on the SBT touchscreen when I press any of the Spotify buttons. If there's no other way to access my Spotify Premium account through the SBT then I need to start looking into an alternate remote streaming device because my family and I get a lot of enjoyment from listening to it through the home stereo.
    Win7(64) > LMS 7.73 > SB Touch (wireless)
    Controller: iPhone 4S (iPeng 7)
    Ripping (FLAC): dBpoweramp, Tagging: mp3tag, Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    Thanks for the detailed and helpful explanation, could you please clarify the "way to keep Spotify working" on the SBT, even it's just a link to another thread?
    The day when the old plugins will stop has come and gone. See Spotty

herzlichen dank fŘr den
    tipp! ich habe version 7.9.0 geladen und installiert. dann wurden alle medien durchsucht. in den plugins habe ich spotify (v.1.0) gefunden und auf logitech gedrŘckt. dann ÷ffnete sich die anwendungsgalerie, in der aber kein spotify zu finden war. im internet habe ich gelesen, dass spotify nicht mehr unterstŘtzt wird.

sorry, ich bin 81 jahre alt und wei▀ nun wirklich nicht mehr weiter.

Du brauchst Spotty, nicht Spotify. Spotify ist das alte, das nicht mehr geht.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Du brauchst Spotty, nicht Spotify. Spotify ist das alte, das nicht mehr geht.
    Wo finde ich das bitte? Ich arbeite mit Window 10.
    Last edited by schupu; 2017-07-31 at 08:29.

Quote Originally Posted by schupu View Post
    Wo finde ich das bitte? Ich arbeite mit Window 10.
    Erstens, der Spotify plugin muss nicht da sein !

Im LMS, Spotty ist unter 3rd Party plugins gefunden.

Viel Glueck
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genau, wie @castalla schrieb: es sollte auf der Pluginseite weiter unten zu finden sein.
    Wenn Du das installiert hast, LMS Neustarten und schauen ob Spotty geht. Gut m÷glich, dass man bei Windows 10 noch nacharbeiten muss.
    Ganz wichtig: nach dem Neustart musst Du Deine Spotify Benutzerdaten eingeben. Dazu klickst Du auf "Einstellungen" rechts von Spotty auf der Pluginseite.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Yes, that is correct, but I was responding to this post below

Which is a bit confusing after this statement

Must be a syntax thing

Ronnie
    No, was logging into free Spotify rather than my paid account. Sorry for any confusion.

Well, now I seem to be all set. I'd like to say I followed all the directions in this post and downloaded spotty, but i did not. I have my laptop up and running, and am on spotify now.

The only thing I DON'T have is my library that I'd saved when running Spotify from the SBT ONLY.