Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why is Spotify missing from my SBT?

I see threads on here about Spotify no longer supporting SBT. Is this true??

I have Triode's app running on my laptop, but I've mainly used the app on the SBT itsellf. Now my library has disappeared!

Can I get my library somehow transferred over to the Triode app? Is there anything else I can do?

Frankly, this is the main reason I HAVE an SBT. It's outrageous that support for an app THAT I PAY FOR has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean56 View Post
    I see threads on here about Spotify no longer supporting SBT. Is this true??

I have Triode's app running on my laptop, but I've mainly used the app on the SBT itsellf. Now my library has disappeared!

Can I get my library somehow transferred over to the Triode app? Is there anything else I can do?

Frankly, this is the main reason I HAVE an SBT. It's outrageous that support for an app THAT I PAY FOR has stopped.
    Absolutely outrageous, stop paying then.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...io-end-of-life
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

It's outrageous that support for an app THAT I PAY FOR has stopped.
    How much did you pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    How much did you pay for it?
    I've been paying $9.99/month for premium so I can USE my SBT.

You pay so you can use Spotify.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened was that Spotify finally made good on the promise they made years ago to shut down the interface used by Logitech and numerous other companies. So perhaps we can be angry with Spotify for not keeping an abandoned API running indefinitely.
    But you did not pay anyone to make it work with your SBT. Spotify made this API and library available at no cost, Logitech made the app available at no cost and provided hosting for it on mysqueezebox.com at no cost to you.
    And either way, Logitech isn't going to keep mysqueezebox running forever, considering that the Squeezebox line was dropped long ago (in consumer electronics terms) so it would never be a long term solution even if Spotify hadn't shut it down.
    Be thankful that there is a way to keep Spotify working for you.

Well, turns out I'm NOT paying for premium after all.

Quote Originally Posted by alfista View Post
    What happened was that Spotify finally made good on the promise they made years ago to shut down the interface used by Logitech and numerous other companies. So perhaps we can be angry with Spotify for not keeping an abandoned API running indefinitely.
    But you did not pay anyone to make it work with your SBT. Spotify made this API and library available at no cost, Logitech made the app available at no cost and provided hosting for it on mysqueezebox.com at no cost to you.
    And either way, Logitech isn't going to keep mysqueezebox running forever, considering that the Squeezebox line was dropped long ago (in consumer electronics terms) so it would never be a long term solution even if Spotify hadn't shut it down.
    Be thankful that there is a way to keep Spotify working for you.
    I am, yes. And your points are well-taken.

So now i have the third party app open on my laptop, and keep getting error connecting to host msgs.....

Well, turns out I'm NOT paying for premium after all.
    If you want to use Spotty you need a premium account with Spotify