Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Advice on display working ootb on piCorePlayer

Hi there,
    since i have problems with my Raspberry Pi "official display" (touch only works on the upper part of the display) i think of purchasing a replacement.

As my linux knowledge is limited, i am looking for something that is running ootb (probably i can get something else running if there is a good tutorial around).

I would like to use pCP. so therefore my question: Do you have any advice what Ddisplay to buy (i don't want to spent much money on it)? What do you think about the "waveshare" Displays?
    https://eckstein-shop.de/7inch-HDMI-LCD-B

Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick31698 View Post
    Hi there,
    since i have problems with my Raspberry Pi "official display" (touch only works on the upper part of the display) i think of purchasing a replacement.

As my linux knowledge is limited, i am looking for something that is running ootb (probably i can get something else running if there is a good tutorial around).

I would like to use pCP. so therefore my question: Do you have any advice what Ddisplay to buy (i don't want to spent much money on it)? What do you think about the "waveshare" Displays?
    https://eckstein-shop.de/7inch-HDMI-LCD-B

Thanks for your input.
    As far as I'm aware the official 7" display is the only display that works OOTB on Pcp

Mine works fine and has done for years now, I suspect the Pi or the screen you have is faulty
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Mine also worked fine for some time. But since some days i have this problem. Even using max2play (which is based on Raspbian). So far i played around with the white cable connecting dispalay and pi without success.
    So far i did not check the connection between display and controller. I never touched those they should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick31698 View Post
    Mine also worked fine for some time. But since some days i have this problem. Even using max2play (which is based on Raspbian). So far i played around with the white cable connecting dispalay and pi without success.
    So far i did not check the connection between display and controller. I never touched those they should be fine.
    Maybe try a new white cable, they are cheap on ebay
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Yes, the rpi display works out of the box. There are extra drivers to control the touch and backlight brightness, but nothing needed to display.

The waveshare devices are ok, but need some tinkering to get them to work with jivelite. there are a few threads around talking about waveshare configuration.