Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spotify Sort Order

Hi !

I am using a mixed setup of piCore Player to run LMS, data on a NAS and different players in the house (SBC, Touch, Boom). I also heavily used the original Spotify plugin and have switched to Spotty plugin when changing to piCore Player. I am also using Spotify apps on my mobile and on different desktops at work and at home. To control the system I am using "SqueezeCtrl" app on android at home.

My "starred" playlist sort order is reversed on anything Squeeze-related. When opening that playlist in a spotify app (desktop or handheld) playlist order is fine. When opening same playlist on the Squeezebox Touch or the SqueezeCtrl app the order is exactly reversed.

Changing the playlist sort order in one of the original Spotify apps did not mitigate change in the playlist sort order in the Squeeze environment.

Is there a cross platform genius out there able to help with that problem? I would like to reverse playlist order on the Touch or in SqueezeCtrl or -even better- to have the Spotify sorting order being correctly relayed to the Squeeze devices.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Odd
    On iPeng my Starred playlist is in the same order as Spotify app.
    Can't check the web GUI right now but I think that's correct as well.

If by "starred" playlists you just mean anything that appears under "playlists" mine appear in the correct order as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Starred playlist

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If by "starred" playlists you just mean anything that appears under "playlists" mine appear in the correct order as well.

Hey,

to clarify myself: In Spotify there is a "starred playlist" which is the on where you add your favorites to and it is the one I listen to actively every day. With the old original Spotify plugin and with the great new Spotty plugin I still listen to that playlist - lets say on a SB Radio. But the order of the songs is completely reversed and I can't seem to change that.

Actually I do not know where to ask that question. It has to do with Spotify, maybe with the plugins and absolutely with the Squeezeboy Ecosystem.

Is there a way to handle playlist order?

Thanks,

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by JOO View Post
    Hey,

to clarify myself: In Spotify there is a "starred playlist" which is the on where you add your favorites to and it is the one I listen to actively every day. With the old original Spotify plugin and with the great new Spotty plugin I still listen to that playlist - lets say on a SB Radio. But the order of the songs is completely reversed and I can't seem to change that.

Actually I do not know where to ask that question. It has to do with Spotify, maybe with the plugins and absolutely with the Squeezeboy Ecosystem.

Is there a way to handle playlist order?

Thanks,

Jan
    Is this "starred playlist" available in the Android app?

Is this "starred playlist" available in the Android app?

Yes. When I open my Android "SqueezeCtrl" App, using "Spotty" plugin I can view all my Spotify playlists allright. But the one containing the Favorites (called "the starred playlist") will be reverse sorted. I did not find a way to change playlist sort order.

Thanks,

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by JOO View Post
    Yes. When I open my Android "SqueezeCtrl" App, using "Spotty" plugin I can view all my Spotify playlists allright. But the one containing the Favorites (called "the starred playlist") will be reverse sorted. I did not find a way to change playlist sort order.

Thanks,

Jan
    I think Spotify removed the "starred" function some time ago so I have no starred tracks. Do your other playlists appear in correct order?

I think Spotify removed the "starred" function some time ago so I have no starred tracks. Do your other playlists appear in correct order?

Turn your phone upside down

Seriously, the running order is correct in iPeng and in the Web GUI so I think we can safely say it's not a Spotty issue but more likely an issue with your Android app
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Turn your phone upside down

Seriously, the running order is correct in iPeng and in the Web GUI so I think we can safely say it's not a Spotty issue but more likely an issue with your Android app
    It isn't me who has the issue. I agree the order is correct in all my playlists.

It isn't me who has the issue. I agree the order is correct in all my playlists.

Sorry I hit Reply on the wrong post
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones