Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Help moving a defunct plugin to a new LMS instance

I have a standalone instance of Vortexbox 2.3 running on a 1U pizza box server. It has served me well for many years and collected a number of useful plugins. I have recently moved to an unRaid docker instance of LMS to test out Spotty, but now I am ready to promote this to my main system. However there is one snag in the migration - PowerCenter. I use a very modified firecracker (BR.sh script) to perform a number of actions with different amp/source combinations. It is needed to preserve the functionality of my system.

I can't seem to locate the PowerCenter plugin to perform a clean install. I've tried copying over the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/PowerCenter directory to the new system. It will show up momentarily, but seems to be deleted when LMS restarts (not a docker restart but LMS only).

Please help me find either a working repository with PowerCenter available or kindly point me to the correct way to covertly graft in an existing working directory structure for PowerCenter.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Help moving a defunct plugin to a newLMS instance

That folder is managed by LMS. Therefore you shouldn't put anything in there manually. Check Settings/Information for what other Plugins (with an S at the end) there is. Use that one instead.

> Am 24.07.2017 um 22:31 schrieb mcdudeabides <mcdudeabides.825m3b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:
    >
    >
    > I have a standalone instance of Vortexbox 2.3 running on a 1U pizza box
    > server. It has served me well for many years and collected a number of
    > useful plugins. I have recently moved to an unRaid docker instance of
    > LMS to test out Spotty, but now I am ready to promote this to my main
    > system. However there is one snag in the migration - PowerCenter. I
    > use a very modified firecracker (BR.sh script) to perform a number of
    > actions with different amp/source combinations. It is needed to
    > preserve the functionality of my system.
    >
    > I can't seem to locate the PowerCenter plugin to perform a clean
    > install. I've tried copying over the
    > /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/PowerCenter
    > directory to the new system. It will show up momentarily, but seems to
    > be deleted when LMS restarts (not a docker restart but LMS only).
    >
    > Please help me find either a working repository with PowerCenter
    > available or kindly point me to the correct way to covertly graft in an
    > existing working directory structure for PowerCenter.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
    >
    >
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > mcdudeabides's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=57765
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=107730
    >
    >

Thanks for the advice. When I look at Settings/Information, I see three plugin folders listed: /config/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins, /usr/sbin/Plugins, /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins.

My target LMS instance is a docker container. There is an external data store outside the container that persists between restarts. In that data store I saw the Spotty plugin and assumed I could follow suit. I'll have to do some more noodling to find out how to attempt to push something in.

If I have the old plugin fully deployed in an old LMS instance, is there a way to turn in back in to the right kind of zip file? Is it as easy as just zipping the directory structure? I can spoof a repository on a local server and try fooling my target LMS instance in to loading it (and hopefully respecting the docker container rules that will allow it to remain past restarts). I was just hoping there was a recipe book somewhere that showed how the plugin magic worked.

Help moving a defunct plugin to a newLMS instance

> If I have the old plugin fully deployed in an old LMS instance, is there
    > a way to turn in back in to the right kind of zip file? Is it as easy

You shouldn't need to pack the files any more. Just make sure it shows
    up in one of the folders you mentioned.

--

Michael

While I could move the file structure in to the new LMS instance, I think that because it is running in a docker prevents the changes from becoming permanent. However it seems that anything I install via the plugin manager would persist. I removed the cygwin library from my installed instance. Also the BR (bottlerocket) script is heavily modified from the original. I hosted it locally and it seemed to install and persist. I'll attach the file here in case any other person is trying to accomplish the same.

You will need to modify the repo.xml to point to your hosting spot.
    Code:
    <extensions>
    <details>
    <title lang="EN">Peter Watkins' Plugins - UNSUPPORTED</title>
    </details>
    <plugins>
    <plugin name="PowerCenter" version="2.2.0" minTarget="7.0a" maxTarget="*">
    <title lang="EN">PowerCenter</title>
    <desc lang="EN">Control X-10 and Insteon modules with a Squeezebox Controller, Radio, Touch, old-style infrared remote, or Boom or Transporter buttons. Use Insteon or X-10 to have a device turn on and off when a specific player is turned on or off. Turn a coffee pot on when an alarm sounds. (Boom, Classic, Controller, Radio, Receiver, Slimp3, SoftSqueeze, Squeezebox1, Touch, Transporter) 2.2.0.</desc>
    <url>http://rmvba/PowerCenter.zip</url>
    <sha>fcb1094e7c3054efcc796fc0b8be961a175cc226</sha>
    <link>http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim</link>
    <creator>Peter Watkins</creator>
    <email>peterw@tux.org</email>
    </plugin>
    </plugins>
    </extensions>
    Attached Files Attached Files