Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LMS must haves

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Android Squeeze Ctrl app and Switch Player for me. Only this combination transfers the playlist to another player AND the app switches to controlling the player you've transferred the playlist to!
    I used to use Switch Player but it doesn't show up in the menus on Squeezer, so..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I used to use Switch Player but it doesn't show up in the menus on Squeezer, so..

so.. ... ditch Squeezer
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    so.. ... ditch Squeezer
    No, it's free and ultra fast, I like it, and MWWM works fine. (Allowing both "pull" and "push" playlist movement.)

I even fixed some bugs on it!

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

No, it's free and ultra fast, I like it, and MWWM works fine. (Allowing both "pull" and "push" playlist movement.)

I find if I try to scroll quickly down my list of Artists in my library then all I see in Squeezer is a screen full of "loading" which does not catch up until I stop scrolling with no idea where I am in the alphabet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

In my main listening room I have Pi/Hifiberry Digi > Audio Engine DAC > AVI DM5 actives, the phone app is my only means of controlling the volume (the DAC has a volume control, but no remote).

With Squeezer I need to tap two different menu items before I even get to see the ruddy volume control !!!

With Squeeze Ctrl there are volume buttons on the now playing screen, or I can simply slide a finger up/down on the artwork to increase/decrease the volume. And the app mutes/pauses the stream when I get a phone call
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

[quote "kidstypike"]volume controls..
    [/quote]

Erm, on Squeezer the volume buttons on your device will *always* control the volume on the connected Squeezebox. It even says this when you first install it. This is why they don't bother putting any on-screen buttons up for this.

This is not supposed to be a religious argument...

(And yes I agree the lazy loading of the artists/albums in the scroll list is a bit annoying, but we talked about this with the devs and it's not so easy.

Last edited by drmatt; 2017-07-24 at 00:55.
    --

Erm, on Squeezer the volume buttons on your device will *always* control the volume on the connected Squeezebox. It even says this when you first install it. This is why they don't bother putting any on-screen buttons up for this.
    Ah!
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Must Haves

Bookmarks. Brilliant for seamless listening to audiobooks.

Kidsplay! Essential because my kids continually screw up the preset buttons on their Radios by holding the button down too long. Read-only preset buttons is a life saver.

The max volume thingy came in handy as well but not as much any more...

Two simple plugins I've used for years:

PowerSave - Shuts Squeezebox off if not being used.

ResetVolume - Start your Squeezebox at a preset volume.