Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

New owner, can't connect to SqueezeCentre

Hi all!

I've just picked up two squeezeboxes (V3/classic) from a market. They seem to work fine, however, after booting, they "can't connect to squeezecentre".

I have done the following:
    - Connected the squeezebox via ethernet to my router.
    - Installed LMS on a windows machine and a mac (although I don't let them run at the same time).
    - Made sure that the firewall allowed: 3483 (UPD), 3483 (TCP) and 9000 (TCP). I am able to connect to the LMS web interface using my phone on the same network as the server.
    - Tried installing an older version of the server (one still called 'squeezecentre')

However, the unit still can't find the server.

Running nmap from my mac, I can see the device on the network (name: 'Slim Devices'). All ports are closed on it.

Any ideas?

PS because I bought these at a market, I don't have the remote!

Quote Originally Posted by n____s View Post
    ...... PS because I bought these at a market, I don't have the remote!
    There's your problem. The player wants to "default" to it's last known server instance and it is not present. You will need to use the NET:UDAP program on a computer to connect the player to a server. There are numerous posts about NET:UDAP in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by n____s View Post
    - Installed LMS on a windows machine and a mac (although I don't let them run at the same time).

- Tried installing an older version of the server (one still called 'squeezecentre')
    - You can run multiple instances of LMS at the same time on the same network, won't hurt anything. Many do this.
    - Best to you latest release version as offered on http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download

For future reference........ To use these players on MySB.com you will likely need to contact support with their MAC address' and your MySB.com login info. But for now I'd just concentrate on getting them to connect to LMS, worry about MySB.com later.

I am not sure this will work but try installing iPeng on an iOS device. It should see the players as "unconnected devices" and then you can move them within iPeng to your LMS,
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

You can get a universal remote control and set it to JVC. With a workgin remote then you will be able to select your LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I am not sure this will work but try installing iPeng on an iOS device. It should see the players as "unconnected devices" and then you can move them within iPeng to your LMS,
    The player and iPeng both must first be connected to the server (LMS or MySB.com) in order for iPeng to see/manipulate the player.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    The player and iPeng both must first be connected to the server (LMS or MySB.com) in order for iPeng to see/manipulate the player.
    IPeng can definitely see unconnected devices. I have seen it on my network when I change things around but I am just not sure whether it can move them to a server or not.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

If the player is already on the same network and you don’t need to set password etc. iPeng can send a connect message to the player. For the old devices (SB3, Transporter, Receiver, Boom ...) this usually works.
    Touch and Radio usually not. SqueezePlay: no idea.
    The biggest problem is that it‘s not 100% reliable which is why I never implemented a Net::UDAP replacement in iPeng
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    If the player is already on the same network and you don’t need to set password etc. iPeng can send a connect message to the player. For the old devices (SB3, Transporter, Receiver, Boom ...) this usually works.
    Touch and Radio usually not. SqueezePlay: no idea.
    The biggest problem is that it‘s not 100% reliable which is why I never implemented a Net::UDAP replacement in iPeng
    I thought so