Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by short_y View Post
    Orange Squeeze in the Play Store app on my phone shows the 2014 version
    I think you need to choose to leave the beta-program somehow. Do you know the url you used to enroll the beta/preview-program? If so, it might have an option to leave it again.
    It could maybe be https://play.google.com/apps/testing....orangesqueeze ?

Or take a look at steps in the bottom of this page:
    https://developers.google.com/androi...s/beta-program
    /Stig
    www.rockland.dk - www.last.fm/user/rockland - www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 (LmsRepack) - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Live in UK.

Updated to 2.1.5-2 last week sometime and had maybe 2 further auto-updates since.

Name:  orsq.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  38.9 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

I have the same version as kidstypike. Version 2.1.5-2
    I live in Denmark and just updated toddy via google play.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    I think you need to choose to leave the beta-program somehow.
    That was it! I left the beta, uninstalled and waited a little while then I installed via the Play Store app and I'm on the current version now. Thank you!

TL;DR If you're having trouble getting to the current version, make sure you're UNenrolled in the beta program.
    Last edited by short_y; 2017-08-07 at 12:00.

That was it! I left the beta, uninstalled and waited a little while then I installed via the Play Store app and I'm on the current version now. Thank you!

TL;DR If you're having trouble getting to the current version, make sure you're UNenrolled in the beta program.
    Glad you sorted it. In the UK there was no need to join the beta program to install the preview version, it appeared as a separate app in the Play Store.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elParaguayo View Post
    Thanks. I was actually asking about a notification in the bar at the top of the screen rather than in the main screen of the app itself e.g. so I can see details of the current track when the phone is locked or I'm working in another app.
    I see what you mean. The preview version which is no longer in the Play Store had this feature but I don't think the new version does.

I sure hope the dev restores this feature. Persistent notifications can be a pain but for something ,ilke this, I think it's needed. Or at the very least an option.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Glad you sorted it. In the UK there was no need to join the beta program to install the preview version, it appeared as a separate app in the Play Store.

I'm not sure how I got BOTH the Preview version and also got enrolled in the beta program. Perhaps the beta program was supposed to supersede the Preview and I missed the note suggesting I uninstall Preview.

Persistent notification please?

(cross-posted to the 'official' support thread in general discussion)

Not sure the devs are monitoring this thread but, in hopes they are, one of the things I miss is the persistent notification and the ability to control my squeezeboxen from it. What're the chances it'll be (re)implemented?

I'm not sure how I got BOTH the Preview version and also got enrolled in the beta program. Perhaps the beta program was supposed to supersede the Preview and I missed the note suggesting I uninstall Preview.
    Historical note:

The Orange Squeeze preview program came before the Google/Android Beta program capabilities, and was then left in place even after Google added beta testing in order to allow people to have both beta and non-beta Orange Squeeze installed at the same time. In practice I shouldn't have ever thought this was necessary, and now just for logistical purposes the preview app is no longer available for download from any appstores. I would recommend uninstalling any 'preview' versions of the app.

FTR, I just released the first 'beta' in several years with notification controls support effectively backported from the older, unstable beta. Please opt in if you are inclined, because I'd like to have plenty of testers who enjoy receiving frequent updates.

https://www.orangebikelabs.com/produ...esqueeze/beta/

Once this has stabilized I will mostly consider 2.x to be "stable" and will focus on finishing the work I started on the old 2.5 beta. I know, it's ridiculous and confusing but life intervened at just the wrong moment for Orange Squeeze and I have some unfinished business that I will deal with in 3.0!

Ben

Thanks for the info. I'll remove the old preview app from all my devices.

Thanks for the peristent notification in the latest beta! Makes life much easier for my use cases

One question: does the mute/pause on call option mute/pause *all* players? If so, would it be possible to *only* mute the "current" player on a phone call instead of all of them? I've got 5 players in my house and muting them all is overkill. I suppose it could be generalized to a group instead of a single player to handle players that are near to me. Hmmm... thinking about the general use case makes me think this is more complex than a simple "mute current player" but muting *all* players is definitely overkill IMHO