Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I test it with Internet cable but in my switch or router port not power on
    My unit if I put in power I see only digital port " optical " power red color nothing else
    i will buy another power supply for see

With ssh I can't used because the touch not connected to Internet and cannot take ip adress in my home network
    and for reset i test for several time but nothing see in screen like factory reset process or another message
    Please today I will change another supply I think my problem will be resolved if not please tell me
    The problem where and where I can repair it
    I think not big money for repair :/

Thank you

Unfortunately I doubt that repair is an option, there is no official support for it and parts are not easy to come by. Most people are hoarding working ones to protect against future failures. With some luck you will find it all lights up just fine with a strong power supply and it'll work for years. They are generally quite reliable.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

I've said this before modern consumer electronics is generally not made to be repaired .

BOM of the unit is probably less than 10 minutes of someones time , and the design with ic and smd's are not easy.
    So during warranty you get a new unit for whatever fault.

And no one has to train anyone or publish schematics or manuals or any kind of service manuals anymore.

Its basically made to be recycled , most of can probably be properly recykled.

+1000 on the hoarding aproach

I think i have 3 Touch one in an unopened box , replaced 2 of my still working ones with rpi3's
    There is also an SB3 and a duet stored .

Regretably no spare boom or radio yet ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    +1000 on the hoarding aproach

I think i have 3 Touch one in an unopened box , replaced 2 of my still working ones with rpi3's
    There is also an SB3 and a duet stored .

Regretably no spare boom or radio yet ?
    I'm a really bad hoarder on SBs. Spares: 3 Touch, 3 Radio, 1 Transporter, 1 Boom, 1 SB3, 1 Controller.

to OP, yes, best bet is to try new powersupply. Otherwise, not much to do other than try to get money back or at least report seller to EBAY. Repairs of Squeezeboxes are not available.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

As suggested..... best bet is bad power supply. Buy another and try it. Even if bad or old firmware the screen should display something, if only an error message.

Long shot.... post your location on here, *maybe* someone local/near to you has a Touch and can test the unit on their power supply. Years ago I was contacted by a (relatively) close user who asked for assistance with an SB3 unit. He shipped it to me, I tried it out, sure enough is was a dead power supply. He sent return ship label and had his new power supply in hand from an Amazon vendor before he even received his returned SB3 from me.

Like most consumer electronic manufacturers they did not repair these units even when they were in production. Cheaper to just replace the entire unit if still within warranty period.

Now I have returned from an electronic technician to try another power supply but it does not start after trying to open to consult or the problem but unfortunately that device is burning short circuit on small ship is irreparable in try Some defective ship but the problem persists
    I throw in the trash

Quote Originally Posted by Aymen007 View Post
    Now I have returned from an electronic technician to try another power supply but it does not start after trying to open to consult or the problem but unfortunately that device is burning short circuit on small ship is irreparable in try Some defective ship but the problem persists
    I throw in the trash
    Sorry to hear about your problem.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please share eBay seller
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...serId=22651108
    his name : Beatrix
    i don't know what i do now
    i buy another touch or i canceled all this history for internet radio or what's
    or buy another brand or models