Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

My touch doesn't turn on

Hello

i buy logitech touch used some hours " The seller's description " from ebay germany
    but i put it today for test it my first time
    doesn't turn on. Just a black screen. Tried the factory reset " i put botom before put power or after power " same result with small botom in back where power . The red light comes on for the digital plug in, but screen remains black without nothing

help me please

Quote Originally Posted by Aymen007 View Post
    Hello

i buy logitech touch used some hours " The seller's description " from ebay germany
    but i put it today for test it my first time
    doesn't turn on. Just a black screen. Tried the factory reset " i put botom before put power or after power " same result with small botom in back where power . The red light comes on for the digital plug in, but screen remains black without nothing

help me please
    Contact the seller.

If it does not match the description you can raise an e-bay complaint.

What power supply is provided with the item?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Contact the seller.

If it does not match the description you can raise an e-bay complaint.

What power supply is provided with the item?
    sorry if my language english is bad because i speak only french
    i buy it from " ebay-kleinanzeigen " without paypal
    seller tell me his not have paypal and if i need logitech i send money with bank transfer and i do it and my money transfered successfully in his account
    but today i contact seller for my problem
    tell me before i send you the logitech touch i reset it and its work fine and not refund my money and if i have problem i can call police

power supply its the original " name logitech and power 5.0v 3.0A "
    in your idea power supply have problem !
    Last edited by Aymen007; 2017-07-18 at 14:01.

Doesn't sound good. Looks like he knew there was a problem and has conned you. A comment like "call the police" is pretty unambiguous - he knows you'll get nowhere doing that.

Ok, help me now, I buy 200 Ç for nothing
    It warms up a bit. This is your word, there is a current in toslink with a red laser but the screen does not react
    According to you, it does not come back from the power supply, it is low, can not give enough voltage to turn on the screws

I need know problem where and if possible repair or not and where I can repair logitech or another site. ..

Please I need know if touch have tools for flash it or reinstall firmware forced with pc I think problem with firmware not start
    Help me for finding solution for my problem
    this is my first time I buy Squeezebox and I am very unhappy

It COULD be the power supply, which would make the seller both a con and an idiot. I suggest buying another one, but you might end up wasting more money if it's not the issue.

It could easily be the power supply. Your seller can't have the money taken off him by eBay, but he can suffer a negative feedback. I would swap the power supply and try it again.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

it is possible to load a new image on the toucj from SD card , but that needs the screen :-/

Also does it connect over ethernet ? if your lucky the previus owner used ethernet and it may pick up an ip adress over dhcp ?

Oh well you did the factory reset ? wonder if its able to connect via ethernet then ?

If the screen is black it may still be usable via the web-UI or other controll like a phone .

The Touch also supports SSH so you have a terminal interface , but you need to enable that via the screen to :-/

Trying a new powersupply good idea ! do you have a squeezebox 3 (classic ) the ps is sort of interchangable with Touch (but less current so dont use external hardrives or USB powered stuff )

Does it respond to the ir remote ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html