Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Anyone here still using Asustor NAS to run LMS?

Hi folks,

Seeing as the Asustor LMS forum is pretty quiet, I wanted to check and see if anyone following here uses an Asustor NAS?

While the updated 7.9.1 LMS package works great, I'm stumped getting the new spotify Spotty plug-in up and running (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...586#post888586). Would love to hear if anyone else has succeeded.

Cheers,

David

Quote Originally Posted by dave_p View Post
    Hi folks,

Seeing as the Asustor LMS forum is pretty quiet, I wanted to check and see if anyone following here uses an Asustor NAS?

While the updated 7.9.1 LMS package works great, I'm stumped getting the new spotify Spotty plug-in up and running (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...586#post888586). Would love to hear if anyone else has succeeded.

Cheers,

David
    Without details of the Processor in the Asustor I think you will struggle to get a definitive answer but I would say it is unlikely that it will support Spotty.

All is not lost though.

Get a Pi3, install piCorePlayer, add LMS (& Spotty), point LMS at the files on your NAS.
    Apart from burning the SD card, it can all be done via a web browser.
    When all is working switch off LMS on the Asustor.

Install piCoreplayer
    Connect to it via browser
    Switch to "beta"
    Give the Pi a static Ip address
    Reboot
    Re-connect via browser (new IP)
    Go to LMS tab on piCorePlayer
    Download the additional file tools
    Mount the music drive of your NAS
    Download LMS
    Configure LMS - your files should be visible via the browse button
    Add Spotty etc
    Switch a player to the new LMS
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Without details of the Processor in the Asustor I think you will struggle to get a definitive answer but I would say it is unlikely that it will support Spotty.

All is not lost though.

Get a Pi3, install piCorePlayer, add LMS (& Spotty), point LMS at the files on your NAS.

Install piCoreplayer
    Connect to it via browser
    Switch to "beta"
    Resize File System (done by just clicking a button)
    Give the Pi a static Ip address
    Reboot
    Re-connect via browser (new IP)
    Go to LMS tab on piCorePlayer
    Download the additional file tools
    Mount the music drive of your NAS
    Download LMS
    Configure LMS - your files should be visible via the browse button
    Add Spotty etc
    Switch a player to the new LMS
    Just adding a very important step
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Just adding a very important step
    I knew I'd miss something
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post

All is not lost though.

Thanks for weighing in d6jg & kidstypike! I realize Pi3 is the way most folks are going these days, but I'm trying to avoid getting another single-use appliance (especially when my brand news nas, bought in part specifically for LMS, should be able to run it... or so I thought).

Speaking of the Asustor... to answer your question, the cpu is an Intel Celeron 1.6GHz Dual-Core N3050 (so i686-linux). FWIW, LMS indicates the version of Pearl as 5.10.0. It seems I should be able to install the required pearl module using Entware-ng (https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic....p=28780#p28780) but until I do some more research and reading, implementing this is beyond my current linux skillset.

A question, slightly OT

Hi

I'm running LMS 7.8.1 on my AS202TE and while that works just fine, I would like to upgrade to one of the 7.9 builds. When atteppting at that (following the same procedure as when I successfully upgraded from the beta version supported by Asustor), I receive the following message "Error: cannot determine what we just extracted". I guess I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any suggestions?

Mikael