Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Picoreplayer and Jarvis

Hi guys,

I'm looking for help.
    I'm renewing my own "multiroom" system (how original here ^^).

I use several raspberry pi zero 0 with hifiberry miniamp and squeezelite.
    I combine each raspberry pi with an AI called Jarvis (to give vocal instructions to my home through jeedom).

I previously used Raspbian, squeezelite and Jarvis so I know (somehow) how to deal with Debian.

A just discovered picoreplayer and love the idea of liteweight and ram usage (a few sd cards gone ill).
    But it is very different from Debian.

Does anyone managed to configure a microphone and install AI (Jarvis, jasper, mycroft...) alongside with picoreplayer?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my English (I'm French)

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by MrNonoss View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for help.
    I'm renewing my own "multiroom" system (how original here ^^).

I use several raspberry pi zero 0 with hifiberry miniamp and squeezelite.
    I combine each raspberry pi with an AI called Jarvis (to give vocal instructions to my home through jeedom).

I previously used Raspbian, squeezelite and Jarvis so I know (somehow) how to deal with Debian.

A just discovered picoreplayer and love the idea of liteweight and ram usage (a few sd cards gone ill).
    But it is very different from Debian.

Does anyone managed to configure a microphone and install AI (Jarvis, jasper, mycroft...) alongside with picoreplayer?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my English (I'm French)

Best regards,
    As you say pCp is very different to Debian. It is built on tinyCore. If the relevant packages are available for tinyCore then in theory you could but I think it would be very hard work.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

I have no idea what these programs are, but I think that it is not too complex to get an application to build on TC (piCore) if the sources are already present in the raspbian source archive. YMMV.
    There is already quite an array of software and libs packed for piCore.
    The biggest issue I have with installing custom stuff on PCP is actually forgetting to backup before rebooting... D'oh!
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

All of the kernel modules that are built for Raspbian are built for piCore, however they are not packaged, you will need to manually install things.

With your user space programs, dependencies are going to be your biggest problem, but if there are sources, then compiling is quite easy.

I would head on over to Tinycore and read some information

http://tinycorelinux.net/faq.html
    http://tinycorelinux.net/book.html

One word of caution, piCorePlayer is based on Tinycore, but we handle our own kernels. With a project so custom like yours, you might want to just start with piCore 9.0.3 and get help over there.

Thank you for your big help guys,

I'll look for existing sources first, and.... Try for the hard work haha.
    If I succed, I'll post the results

Cheers