Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    If you have an active playlist on a full Spotify app. (Windows desktop. iPhone, etc). You can select transfer playlist, and it should pull into spotty.

Eh ?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bb1959 View Post
    I've never bought one of these kits, usually I just buy the bare Raspberry Pi and a minimalist case - I've generally got several USB power supplies knocking around. I'm running piCorePlayer/LMS on a Pi3 in a very basic case, and I've always set them up using ssh and/or the piCorePlayer web interface rather than connecting a keyboard/monitor.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    So ... what is Transfer Playback ?
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you have an active playlist on a full Spotify app. (Windows desktop. iPhone, etc). You can select transfer playlist, and it should pull into spotty.
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Eh ?
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post887827

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Thanks
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About to order a PI3 kit but am sailing a bit blind.

There are options:
    Size of micro SD (is 8GB large enough for what I will be doing with it, or is greater capacity required?
    SD preloaded software ("Noobs/Raspbian" is the first offered option, but "Windows 10 core" is an option - no idea, so which do I order?
    Heat sinks instead of a fan is mentioned... if I don't go with the heatsinks do I need to get a separate fan?

All help appreciated!

Regards, David.

Don't know about size, I've got 16gb and that seems to do the job. Standard raspberry pi 3 is sufficient, I don't have extra heat sink. Look at picoreplayer website, very good help section. Just plain sd card and write picoreplayer image on it.
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    About to order a PI3 kit but am sailing a bit blind.

There are options:
    Size of micro SD (is 8GB large enough for what I will be doing with it, or is greater capacity required?
    SD preloaded software ("Noobs/Raspbian" is the first offered option, but "Windows 10 core" is an option - no idea, so which do I order?
    Heat sinks instead of a fan is mentioned... if I don't go with the heatsinks do I need to get a separate fan?

All help appreciated!

Regards, David.
    I would just buy the bare Pi3, plus a blank microSD card (16Gb) and a power supply if needed. I connect my Pi3 to the router via ethernet cable rather than use WiFi (the built in WiFi is flaky, so you'd need a USB WiFi stick if going down that route). And a bare bones case! I haven't needed any heatsink.

The instructions are here: http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/..._started.shtml
    Essentially, download the piCorePlayer image and burn it to the SD card. Stick the SD card in the Pi, and boot it while it is hardwired to your router. Then use the piCorePlayer web interface to set up piCorePlayer. You'll need to expand the filesystem before you install LMS.

Robert
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

I am trying to get Spotty (since it won't work on VB 2.3)

Ok, I got a Raspberry Pi, I've installed piCoreplayer on the sd card, put it in the pi, hooked it up to LAN and my laptop. It pulled up LMS when I clicked on pCp on my network and on the dropdown menu, I clicked pCP.

Now, what do I do next? I want my VB to be used as the NAS w/my music and the pi used for LMS so I can install spotty but I'm not sure of the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1959 View Post
    I am trying to get Spotty (since it won't work on VB 2.3)

Ok, I got a Raspberry Pi, I've installed piCoreplayer on the sd card, put it in the pi, hooked it up to LAN and my laptop. It pulled up LMS when I clicked on pCp on my network and on the dropdown menu, I clicked pCP.

Now, what do I do next? I want my VB to be used as the NAS w/my music and the pi used for LMS so I can install spotty but I'm not sure of the next step.
    From memory, this is what I did to connect my QNAP NAS:

Log in to the Pi using ssh and create a folder you will use as the mount point for your music files. I use /mnt/music (sudo mkdir /mnt/music)

Go to the web interface of piCorePlayer. Select the Advanced view using the tabs at the bottom of the window. Then select the LMS tab. On this screen I installed and enabled additional filesystems, then set up the Network Disk Mount, using the folder I created above as the mount point. The other entries are fairly obvious, though identifying the server share took a little trial and error for my NAS. I selected CIFS rather than NAS.

Once you've enabled the Network Disk Mount, you should be able to point LMS at the mount point and scan your music files.

The best place to find piCorePlayer answers is probably in the Linux/Unix forum where there are several piCorePlayer threads, and where piCorePlayer developers hang out!

Robert

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob