Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    Ha! Looked at tweaks several times and it was staring at me all the time! Thanks for your help.

Cheers, David

off you go on Monday

https://www.specsavers.com.au/stores/rundlemall

Hi,

I'm going to give piCorePlayer a try for a LMS (for my SB Touch and Radio).
    Do I want the The normal version of pCP3.21 or the Audio optimized version of pCP3.2 ?

EDIT: Never mind, looks like I should go with the normal version, just found this note:

**Please note: This version ( Audio optimized version) is only recommended for I2S soundcards and hardwired network. The optimizations for audio has been known to interfere with wifi, and for sure will make USB soundcards unstable
    Last edited by Tony T; 2017-08-29 at 08:52.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

change location playlist files

[QUOTE=kidstypike;891100]You need to open each playlist in Notepad, and using "Find and replace" change the file path to point to the music files new location.
    I would practise on a copy of one playlist first if you haven't done this before.
    The playlist below was made with JRiver on a windows PC, the files were in W:/Squeezebox Music, I just replace "W:" with the new path to music files on a WD MyCloud.

Here's my problem. I keep my music files on my NAS, nothing has changed there.
    LMS was installed on my QNAP nas, the destination folder for my playlists were "/share/Multimedia/Music/Playlists"
    Now I've installed LMS on a Raspberry Pi3 with PiCorePlayer, the destination folder for my playlists are "/mnt/Shared/Music/Playlists"
    When I open a playlist with Notepad++ it said:
    Name:  Knipsel.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  88.2 KB
    I've tried everything to replace (after which i made a new scan of my playlists) but nothing seems to work. Is the problem being caused by the different destination folders in RaspPi3 and Qnap?
    Anybody any ideas for getting my old playlists to work with LMS on the raspberry pi?

Update:
    Sorry for bothering everybody but I solved my problem: I noticed the location-path is case sensitive! So I just got the first of my playlists working! That's a great relief.
    Last edited by dejong@kraanendejong.nl; 2017-09-16 at 09:09. Reason: Problem Solved

Trying to use an external hard drive (with its own power supply) for my music library, plugged direct into USB of Raspberry Pi3. No problem mounting the drive, and pointing LMS at it. LMS also scans the library and will play tracks as usual, except it will sometimes pause during a track. If I turn on a second synced Squeeze Touch then it really starts to have problems with regular pauses during songs and even inability to play succeeding tracks. Is it just that the Pi3 can't cope with it? Thoughts? Has anyone got a Pi and external drive working together successfully? No problems at all if I point it at a network drive library.

Regards, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Rpi 3b needs at least 2.5 amps,5 volt power supply, also look at the fle tagging and if the disk is accessible at all times (not sleeping, that sort of stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Rpi 3b needs at least 2.5 amps,5 volt power supply, also look at the fle tagging and if the disk is accessible at all times (not sleeping, that sort of stuff)
    Hmmm... power supply came packaged with the Pi3 and is 2.5A 5V, so should be all good. Have tried 2 different hard drives with it, one was one that spins down when idle and the problem occurred, but wasn't related to it having spun down, the other drive is full time spinning and the problem is still there. I have also had the problem in last couple of days when using the ReadyNas as the file server, a problem it never had before. Am thinking I may go back to pCP V3.21 from 3.22 to see if it changes anything.

Cheers, David

EDIT1: Have rolled back to pCP 3.21... not a problem since
    EDIT2: Problem has returned... seems the Pi3 running pCP & LMS is unable to cope with a USB drive media library
    Last edited by DavidBulluss; 2017-10-02 at 23:00.
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

I also have problems with audio 'drops' of 1 to 2 seconds, most of the time near the end of a track when playing music from my Spotify playlists.
    It only happens when I am using my SqueezeboxTouch (or one of my 2 Squeezebox Radios).
    This problem does NOT happen at all when I am using one of the PiCorePlayers.

This is my set-up:

PiCorePlayer v.3.2.2 with LMS Versie: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 and Spotty v.1.9.4 on RPI 3 with HiFiBerry Dac+
    PiCorePlayer v.3.2.2 (no LMS installed, only using the PiCorePlayer) on RPI2 with HiFiBerry Dac+
    2 x Squeezebox Radio
    1 x Squeezebox Touch
    All equipment connected to LAN

Can someone give me some advice how to fix this problem? For instance, is it possible to add some extra buffering somewhere in the chain?

Regards, Tom
    Max2Play, PiCoreplayer, 2 x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezebox Touch

Quote Originally Posted by tomsat50 View Post
    I also have problems with audio 'drops' of 1 to 2 seconds, most of the time near the end of a track when playing music from my Spotify playlists.
    It only happens when I am using my SqueezeboxTouch (or one of my 2 Squeezebox Radios).
    This problem does NOT happen at all when I am using one of the PiCorePlayers.

This is my set-up:

PiCorePlayer v.3.2.2 with LMS Versie: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 and Spotty v.1.9.4 on RPI 3 with HiFiBerry Dac+
    PiCorePlayer v.3.2.2 (no LMS installed, only using the PiCorePlayer) on RPI2 with HiFiBerry Dac+
    2 x Squeezebox Radio
    1 x Squeezebox Touch
    All equipment connected to LAN

Can someone give me some advice how to fix this problem? For instance, is it possible to add some extra buffering somewhere in the chain?

Regards, Tom
    Are any of the players synced? If so try without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Are any of the players synced? If so try without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply.
    No, I do not use the sync. feature... the audio drops are quite consistent, it happens 9 of 10 time.
    I wonder if I can increase the buffering of the stream somewhere, but I cannot find that option in the system.
    Maybe the Squeezebox Radios/Touch are slower compared with the Raspberry/Squeezeplayer, so maybe I have to make some changes in the Squeezeboxes (but where??).
    Max2Play, PiCoreplayer, 2 x Squeezebox Radio, Squeezebox Touch

Quote Originally Posted by tomsat50 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    No, I do not use the sync. feature... the audio drops are quite consistent, it happens 9 of 10 time.
    I wonder if I can increase the buffering of the stream somewhere, but I cannot find that option in the system.
    Maybe the Squeezebox Radios/Touch are slower compared with the Raspberry/Squeezeplayer, so maybe I have to make some changes in the Squeezeboxes (but where??).
    It shouldn't be necessary.
    I know it is a pain but have you tried the Pi running LMS without the DAC+ attached to it?
    My set up is fairly similar except that my Pi that runs LMS is dedicated as a server - Squeezelite is disabled.
    It's pCp 3.20 with NFS mount to QNAP. Same version of LMS as you and same Spotty.
    I have various players connected - many are synced - and no drop outs like those that you are experiencing.
    i did at one stage try a Pi with Touchscreen and USB DAC as the LMS server and that was problematic.
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng