Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Turning on SBT restarts LMS

Hi all,
    Hoping for some help on a strange problem that's started recently. It seems that when I turn the SBT on, LMS restarts.

I have LMS running on a Netgear Duo V2, using the last official release version for that device: 7.7.5 - 1416570306
    And the version on the SBT is: 7.7.3-r16676
    Both the NAS and SBT are wired and not over WiFi.

My usual routine is to fire up the NAS box, connect to it via the Android app Squeezer and just play the music. What I have noticed is if the SBT was 'off' then I get 20-30 seconds of music and it stops - the Squeezer app drops to the 'no connection' screen also.

I've been testing and it happens even without streaming anything to the SBT. With LMS running and the SBT 'off', simply turning in 'on' will cause LMS to restart.....!

Once the SBT is on, you can stream as much music to it as you like and it's perfect. Just simply that inital turn-on process is causing an issue.

Any ideas what would cause this?

Many thanks,
    Rich.

Turning on SBT restarts LMS

> I've been testing and it happens even without streaming anything to the
    > SBT. With LMS running and the SBT 'off', simply turning in 'on' will
    > cause LMS to restart.....!

Are you sure it's restarted? Did you check the server.log file?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I've been testing and it happens even without streaming anything to the
    > SBT. With LMS running and the SBT 'off', simply turning in 'on' will
    > cause LMS to restart.....!

Are you sure it's restarted? Did you check the server.log file?

--

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Yes I believe so, access to LMS via web (and app) is lost. Plus I get the following entries in the server log.

2017-10-30 20:00:39 squeezeboxserver_safe stopped.
    2017-10-30 20:00:39 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
    [17-10-30 20:00:50.8338] main::init (353) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.5, 1416570306, Thu Nov 27 08:34:57 UTC 2014) perl 5.010001

I have tried changing a few of the logs (ones I assumed to look relevant) to Debug, but it doesn't appear anything useful is recorded. I either have not set the right ones to debug, or, I don't know what I'm looking. Probably both!

Cheers

Well I have tracked the problem, I thought to switch the SBT on first and in doing so it started up the ReayNas - felt that was kind of odd and it didn't used to behave that way.

But it sparked off the thought process that the last thing I changed on the Nas a while back was WOL! And sure enough disable WOL and turning the SBT on/off does nothing to LMS - Squeezer remains fully connected etc etc.
    Turn WOL back on though and the SBT restarts LMS sure enough every time you off/on it...

Unless there is a way to stop the SBT from interfering I will have to leave WOL off?

Cheers