Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Touch remote control

After some years of use the keypad of the remote control of my TOUCH has acquired a "sticky" coating. Is there a way of dismantling the unit so i could clean it without getting any cleaning fluid on the vital bits inside?

Quote Originally Posted by anotherbob View Post
    After some years of use the keypad of the remote control of my TOUCH has acquired a "sticky" coating. Is there a way of dismantling the unit so i could clean it without getting any cleaning fluid on the vital bits inside?
    The top part is a piece of hard plastic with a coating that becomes sticky over time, I cleaned mine with my wife's nail varnish remover, trouble is it cleaned all the lettering off too .

Not to worry, it feels 100 times better and I only use it for it's volume control these days.

I inserted a fairly slim (not sharp) knife blade under the join at the top right corner (me being left-handed), and prised it gently up. Once you get it started, you'll know what to do, there are 8 lugs on the main bottom piece (4 each side) that need pulling outwards from the top piece, easy once you get going if you get one side free, the top plate should just pull off.

The "buttons" are a single piece of moulded floppy rubber and just lie on top of the PCB.

Good luck.

Name:  Touch remote.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  120.4 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

If you understand German you could look at this http://www.squeezebox-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=3338
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

I can't find my remotes, they must be exceptionally clean..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    The top part is a piece of hard plastic with a coating that becomes sticky over time, I cleaned mine with my wife's nail varnish remover, trouble is it cleaned all the lettering off too .

Not to worry, it feels 100 times better and I only use it for it's volume control these days.

I inserted a fairly slim (not sharp) knife blade under the join at the top right corner (me being left-handed), and prised it gently up. Once you get it started, you'll know what to do, there are 8 lugs on the main bottom piece (4 each side) that need pulling outwards from the top piece, easy once you get going if you get one side free, the top plate should just pull off.

The "buttons" are a single piece of moulded floppy rubber and just lie on top of the PCB.

Good luck.
    Many thanks. This is my task for tomorrow. (except the nail varnish remover)

Many thanks. This is my task for tomorrow. (except the nail varnish remover)
    Task now completed.
    Not wishing to erase the lettering I tried a range of cleaning options. I finished up with Tesco's own brand "Everyday Value" cream cleaner, and one of those washing up sponges with a friction pad on one side (very hi-tech).
    It took ages of rubbing before all the sticky stuff was gone and I'm wondering if there is a way of preventing the same gunge appearing again in time.

Task now completed.
    Not wishing to erase the lettering I tried a range of cleaning options. I finished up with Tesco's own brand "Everyday Value" cream cleaner, and one of those washing up sponges with a friction pad on one side (very hi-tech).
    It took ages of rubbing before all the sticky stuff was gone and I'm wondering if there is a way of preventing the same gunge appearing again in time.
    The "sticky stuff" is soft touch rubbery paint which degrades, once gone it should remain gone.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    The "sticky stuff" is soft touch rubbery paint which degrades, once gone it should remain gone.
    Good news!
    Thanks for that.

Try the Squeezer app on an Android Smartphone
    or one of several apps available for phones, Android, iPhone and Windows

thanks for showing the mounting point's. This really helped to dismantling the remote.
    SqueezeBoxes: 2x SB2 (Living room and study), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Bedroom)
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, D-Link Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity