Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Have reinstalled the Spotify app for now and all working fine, will see how long before it falls over!

Cheers, David
    Well you have about 4 days.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...io-end-of-life

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    That repository has nothing to do with spotty. Your CPU is the problem: spotty won't run on PowerPC processors.
    Thanks for that Michael!

Now I have to try if I can have both LMS running and Kodi running at the same time in xbian on the RPi3. I can also safely stop the LMS running on my DS413 then.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    PI3 ordered and on its way!

Cheers, David

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Thanks for that Michael!

Now I have to try if I can have both LMS running and Kodi running at the same time in xbian on the RPi3. I can also safely stop the LMS running on my DS413 then.

You might like to look at

https://www.max2play.com/en/video-player/

this runs, I believe, in conjunction with LMS,

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    You might like to look at

https://www.max2play.com/en/video-player/

this runs, I believe, in conjunction with LMS,

Ronnie
    I have 3 RPi3 running MAX2Play and one is running LMS with a USB drive for my music. All these boxes are working great with Spotty.

~Staudie
    ~Staudie

2 Max2Play Pi3 HifiBerry Amp+, 1 Max2Play Pi3 Hifiberry Digi+ Pro w/ 7" touch, 1 SB Touch, & 1 SB Radio

Spotify - just started using it ... seems good BUT there's no way to sort the playlist titles alphabetically (or not that I can discover).

Anybody got a solution?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Spotify - just started using it ... seems good BUT there's no way to sort the playlist titles alphabetically (or not that I can discover).

Anybody got a solution?
    Which playlists?

I drag & drop my playlists into alphabetical order using the Spotify desktop interface, they then show alphabetically in LMS.

Name:  pic17-07-2017-15.50.59.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  18.5 KB

Name:  pic17-07-2017-15.51.35.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  151.8 KB
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    The piCorePlayer page should tell you all you need to know...

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

...either a pi2 or 3 will be fine, obviously a pi 3 will be faster, worth the £30 investment

I use a pi3 for LMS duties, and pi2s for players, I like to separate the tasks

N.B. Use a relatively large high speed sd card for the LMS server pi (ultra 32Gb), as that's where it builds its cache, alternatively you can direct that to a USB drive

As the others have stated you mount your QNAP as a network drive...

Hi Will, and thank you for your helpful advice and comments. I have made a start and my progress is detailed below:

I have downloaded piCorePlayer, copied it to SD and used it to boot my pi (early version). I have a video monitor on the pi indicating that the start-up seemed to complete successfully. The last line states "Finished piCorePlayer setup". The pi IP address is 192.168.0.18 but, when examined with my browser, I find that the LMS is not running. Why is this and how do I configure the pi for LMS duties? My intention is to upgrade to a pi3 when I have proved the system works.

I much appreciate your advice!
    Cheers, Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by mphearn View Post
    Hi Will, and thank you for your helpful advice and comments. I have made a start and my progress is detailed below:

I have downloaded piCorePlayer, copied it to SD and used it to boot my pi (early version). I have a video monitor on the pi indicating that the start-up seemed to complete successfully. The last line states "Finished piCorePlayer setup". The pi IP address is 192.168.0.18 but, when examined with my browser, I find that the LMS is not running. Why is this and how do I configure the pi for LMS duties? My intention is to upgrade to a pi3 when I have proved the system works.

Cheers, Malcolm
    Did you go to the PicorePlayer tab marked LMS and get these parameters set up?

Name:  LMS.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  212.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mphearn View Post

Cheers, Malcolm
    You need to install LMS. First thing though is to "expand the file system", button on main page I think. Can't check because this button disappears once you've expanded the file system.

Can you see an LMS tab? If not, on the main page at the bottom, click on the "Beta" tab, (heeding warning), you should then see an LMS page where you can install LMS.
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)