Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1554

Spotty and LMS on ReadyNAS ISSUES

Alright, computers is not what i normally play with and LINUX is greek to mee,
    Anyhow have been contemplating ways to get my SQ Touch to Play Spottify Music for me again for quite some time.
    I got a second hand Netgear ReadyNAS102 and installed one WD red 4Tb disk in it.
    Managed to Get the standard LMS uninstalled and the "nightly 7.9.1 installed together with the 1.0.9 poussion thingy.
    And installed spotty so far so god, managed to get spotty to show up in the squeezebox touch but when i try to start it i get the "Perl SSL" error
    Ready NAS has 6.9.0 Firmware, And is connected with Cable to a Win 10 Machine, SQ touch is on Wifi.

What to do next? Going to need NOOB instructions, has been reading alot and things like "putty" and stuff is mentioned, I have no clue what that is.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Callebergh; 2017-11-10 at 09:11. Reason: Pearl changed to perl

[Announce] Spotty v1.1.0

> And installed spotty so far so god, managed to get spotty to show up in
    > the squeezebox touch but when i try to start it i get the "Pearl SSL"
    > error

This really is a question for the ReadyNAS community.

There's a link to instructions in the PS to the announcement
    (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...635#post889635).
    These instruction still require "putty" (a software to connect to the
    NAS - http://www.putty.org). But it's not that hard to do. Sometimes
    this kind of stuff sounds scarier than it is...

I really think that the ReadyNAS community (or Netgear!) should make
    that easier, as https is becoming the norm nowadays.

Or you go the Pi way, install piCorePlayer, configure LMS on it, and use
    the NAS as a pure storage. Doesn't require putty, but additional hardware.

--

Michael

that was quick, thanks!

Well see, login as root is where I┤m lost to begin with. How do i do that...
    I┤m aware of the Raspberry solution and if all else fails thats what I┤m going to do, but I┤m a little stubborn so I really would like to try everything to get it running on the NAS only first.

Also just to make things even more amusing for me I can no longer acess the settings in the NAS, this is done by login in as local admin on the nas (just HTTPS and then the IP) but I have emailed Netgear support so lets hope for the best.

Some info valuable for future searches that might find this thread; Spotty version I┤m running is 1.9.6 and the LMS 7.9.1 is 1510044676

Soo, google is my friend.

I now know (I think) how to log on as root, there are a couple of verification methods but I┤m going to need Putty or something similar to logon, there is no direct root logon possibility in the ReadyNAS software as I understand it.

As per theese instructions from netgear: https://kb.netgear.com/30068/ReadyNA...uration-guides

One small step for most users here, one gigant leap for me...

But Putty IS installed and I have invited a friend over who does this kind of stuff all the time! AND fixed the Admin logon issue on the NAS, it seemed to be eehr... hum... user related

Quote Originally Posted by Callebergh View Post
    Soo, google is my friend.

I now know (I think) how to log on as root, there are a couple of verification methods but I┤m going to need Putty or something similar to logon, there is no direct root logon possibility in the ReadyNAS software as I understand it.

As per theese instructions from netgear: https://kb.netgear.com/30068/ReadyNA...uration-guides

One small step for most users here, one gigant leap for me...

But Putty IS installed and I have invited a friend over who does this kind of stuff all the time! AND fixed the Admin logon issue on the NAS, it seemed to be eehr... hum... user related
    I found the free program WinSCP easier to use than Putty on my Windows 10 machine, both for the ReadyNAS duo 2 that I was using, and the Raspberry Pi 3 that I am now using after giving up on the ReadyNAS for many reasons.

By the way, it took me a while to work out what logging in as root meant... username = root

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Yes WinSCP was what I had in mind when I wrote"something similar", picked that up when reading post#708(that is also everything I know about WinSCP).

Please share some of the "many reasons" to why you decided to turn away from running things solely on the ReadyNAS!

I find that Life is so much easier if you learn from other peoples mistakes and experiences, that way I can focus on making new mistakes in other areas
    Last edited by Callebergh; 2017-11-11 at 01:19. Reason: corrected misquote

Quote Originally Posted by Callebergh View Post
    Yes WinSCP was what I had in mind when I wrote"something similar", picked that up when reading post#708(that is also everything I know about WinSCP).

Please share some of the "many reasons" to why you decided to turn away from running things solely on the ReadyNAS!

I find that Life is so much easier if you learn from other peoples mistakes and experiences, that way I can focus on making new mistakes in other areas
    I am finding the Pi3 being much easier for managing/installing LMS updates, it takes only a fraction of the time to scan my library compered to the ReadyNas, it plays FLAC 24/196 files effortlessly which the Nas couldn't do, LMS restarts are only a few seconds, etc. etc. and you can still use the ReadyNas as a media library by pointing LMS on the Pi to the library on the Nas. I have moved on from the Nas altogether recently and am using a hard drive plugged directly into the Pi - the hard drive turns on & off with the Pi, and spins down when not playing music, and it comes alive when required without issue. My ultimate will be to plug high capacity USB sticks into up to 4 of the inbuilt USP ports of the Pi and keep my library on those, just waiting for the prices to drop a bit.

Cheers, David
    Server pi3 pCP LMS
    Media ReadyNAS DuoV2
    Lounge/dining areas SBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB turntable, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp etc)
    Family/kitchen SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfresco as above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    Others SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Hangs on unavailable tracks

Don't know if this has been brought up in this lengthy thread, but.....I have numerous playlists made up of both Spotify and my own tracks. As we all know, albums and tracks can sometimes disappear without notice from Spotify. I find that when I'm playing a playlist that arrives at a track that is unavailable from Spotify, rather than just skip over that unavailable track, the playlist stops and I have to manually use the ">> next track" button to forward it to the next playable track. Is this something that can be fixed so that it just skips the unavailable track and proceeds to the next one without manual intervention, or is it something peculiar to my set up (using Squeezelite as player on Vortexbox/Linux hardware.

Thanks!
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV Signature amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.71.20150313git1426153261 on a 1TB Micro Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.3.

Artist added in Title-Field in my SmartHome-UI

Hi,

i'm redoing my SmartHome-UserinterFace in Iobroker. Today i'm started with the Squeezebox-part and i recognized that in that io-Broker Squeezbox-Adapter the "current-title" datapoint now contains the title with an the artist. But this is onyl in Spotty songs. If i play my own mp3 its complete normally working, with a "current-title" and a "current-artist" only displaying the right thing.

To make it clearer it i play my music i get:
    currentArtist: Arcade Fire
    currentTitle: The Suburbs

in spotty i get:
    currentArtist: Aracade Fire
    currentTitle: The Suburbs von Arcade Fire aus The Suburbs

In the Squeezebox's radio and touch interface the titles are working correctly...
    What can i do?
    Last edited by mrMuppet; 2017-11-12 at 14:27.

[Announce] Spotty v1.1.0

> i'm redoing my SmartHome-UserinterFace in 'Iobroker'
    > (http://iobroker.net/). Today i'm started with the Squeezebox-part and i
    > recognized that in that io-Broker Squeezbox-Adapter the "current-title"
    > datapoint now contains the title with an the artist.

How does that adapter get the information from LMS? As other UIs are
    handling things correctly, there must be a difference in this adapter's
    processing of the data. I'd suggest you get in touch with its author, too.

--

Michael