Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 87 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Switching accounts

First, Michael. You da man. I've read enough to find your family was the motivation here. When things broke on our home system, my fam didn't taking it well. Neither did I. Needless to say, It has been huge getting functionality back up. We really can't thank you enough.

I'm running LMS on a tricked out HTCP. Same PC runs a software player that I have integrated with a Crestron system, bringing a custom SB UI to our wall touch panels. One of the best media servers for integrated systems, period.

My issue/comment- I've noticed when switching between Spotify accounts, after choosing the desired one, the browse screen goes blank. You can back out or navigate to the main menu and start from there. It does switch accounts correctly. When using the old squeezebox plugin and switching accounts, after selecting the new account, the top browse line would say "Continue to Spotify". Pressing it would take you to the root Spotify page for the new account.

Also, with in the old plugin, the accounts button at the bottom of the root menu used to say "Account: <account_name>". Spotty doesn't show the name of the current account on that line. It's useful for us, as accounts switch daily around here and it's nice to see who's is active in the root menu.

None of this is a huge deal, and I apologize in advance if this has been covered. Though you might have a quick fix.

Thanks
    Last edited by Spinsic; 2017-07-28 at 10:43.

Windows Home Server

I have not had any luck installing Spotty on my server running Windows Home Server ver1. I installed LMS version 7.9.1 with no problems. When I install Spotty from the plug-ins page, after the request to restart LMS, LMS hangs up and never restarts. To get LMS to work again I have to uninstall LMS and then reinstall it again. I have tried this 3 times now. Am I missing somthing?

Does Spotty work with a family account?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
    Some of my spotify playlists: Joni Mitchell covered - Johnny Cash originals

Quote Originally Posted by quadronado View Post
    Does Spotty work with a family account?

Sure does!

Thank You!

Some of my spotify playlists: Joni Mitchell covered - Johnny Cash originals

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Gerrelt, I think the problem with the NAS is likey to be

a) the processor

and

b) the install of
    IO::Socket::SSL
    onto the NAS.

If you search back through the thread, you might find a post or two about folk who have had similar problems.

Ronnie
    Yeah, it might be the processor (as Alfisti pointed out also).

I did get SSL installed on my Qnap nas, with the help op this post:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post810751

But I've upgraded the instructions to the latest versions.
    This might help other people, so I will re-post the updated instructions here:

Code:
    ipkg install openssl openssl-dev
    ipkg install make
    ipkg install gcc

cd /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer
    mkdir tmp
    cd tmp

wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/A/AB/ABH/Mozilla-CA-20160104.tar.gz
    tar zxvf Mozilla-CA-20160104.tar.gz
    cd Mozilla-CA-20160104
    ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make install
    cd ..

wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/M/MI/MIKEM/Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
    tar zxvf Net-SSLeay-1.81.tar.gz
    cd Net-SSLeay-1.81
    OPENSSL_PREFIX=/opt ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make install
    cd ..

wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SU/SULLR/IO-Socket-SSL-2.049.tar.gz
    tar zxvf IO-Socket-SSL-2.049.tar.gz
    cd IO-Socket-SSL-2.049
    ../../bin/perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make install
    cd ..
    After installing it, the SSL error message disapeared from the logs, but I still got this error:

Code:
    6307: sh: head: command not found
    6306: sh: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf: No such file or directory
    6305: [17-07-29 11:24:08.0292] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (504) Last error: 
    6304: [17-07-29 11:24:08.0268] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (503) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    I've tried starting the spotty-hf executable by hand, but it produced the same error message, No such file or directory.
    To be clear,this message is produced by spotty-hf, the file itself is there, and the path to it is correct too.

I am considering moving LMS to one of my raspberries.
    Last edited by Gerrelt; 2017-07-29 at 02:53.

I had similar errors to Gerrelt, and I found this thread after I had already arrived at the same point. I managed to clear the SSL error by installing the latest files, so I won't also an update

What I am getting now is a little different to Gerrelt. I get the following: -

Code:
    [17-07-29 17:15:19.3224] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (485) Trying helper applicaton: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf
    Illegal instruction
    [17-07-29 17:15:19.3512] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (485) Trying helper applicaton: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
    [17-07-29 17:15:19.3809] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (503) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
    [17-07-29 17:15:19.3833] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::getHelper (504) Last error: 
    sh: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf: No such file or directory
    sh: head: command not found
    The spotty-hf and spotty-muslhf are in the ./Bin/arm-linux folder, and the permissions are set to allow execution.

Code:
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux] # ls
    spotty-hf*     spotty-muslhf*

If I try to command line execute them both, and try to get information on the shared libraries via 'ldd' I get the following: -

Code:
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux] # ./spotty-hf                          
    -sh: ./spotty-hf: No such file or directory
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux] # ./spotty-muslhf                      
    Illegal instruction
    [/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux] # ldd spotty*     
    spotty-hf:
    /sbin/ldd: line 115: ./spotty-hf: No such file or directory
    spotty-muslhf:
    	not a dynamic executable
    It's so frustrating... I've spent the whole day getting this far, and clearing down other all other errors, and it feels like I've been beaten at the very last step

Not sure where to post this, so please re-direct me if appropriate, but since I only observed this after installing Spotty, I'll start here.

Every day I play a few of my Spotify playlists with LMS set to play random tracks. After 30-55 tracks, LMS will just stop at the end of a track. Hitting the button to go to the next track moves the playlists along and the issue does not recur again during that day. I can see no pattern of which tracks seem to trigger the stoppage. Not a huge problem--just a minor annoyance, but I'd like to resolve it if it is a simple fix. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

I am running the latest 7.9.1 LMS on a Windows 10 64-bit PC. Any suggestions? I have no idea if logging something will give me a clue. If I need to log something, I may need a little guidance on the logging settings I need to make.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAmes View Post
    Not sure where to post this, so please re-direct me if appropriate, but since I only observed this after installing Spotty, I'll start here.

Every day I play a few of my Spotify playlists with LMS set to play random tracks. After 30-55 tracks, LMS will just stop at the end of a track. Hitting the button to go to the next track moves the playlists along and the issue does not recur again during that day. I can see no pattern of which tracks seem to trigger the stoppage. Not a huge problem--just a minor annoyance, but I'd like to resolve it if it is a simple fix. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior?

I am running the latest 7.9.1 LMS on a Windows 10 64-bit PC. Any suggestions? I have no idea if logging something will give me a clue. If I need to log something, I may need a little guidance on the logging settings I need to make.
    I see something similar using upnpbridge devices - track stops after playing 2 sequential tracks of more than 5 mins. length.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find Spotty-plugin in LMS 7.9.0-164

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    The plugin manager does cache plugin information. It might take a few
    hours before it's showing up. Just give it another try in a bit.

--

Michael
    I have the same problem; can't find the Spotty-plugin. Is there another way to install it? I have tried it more than once. LMS is running at a Synology Diskstation.
    Last edited by LMS; 2017-07-29 at 13:04.