Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 71 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC123 View Post
    Apologies for all the noise, everything working again with the exception of spotty, I am still getting a 'not a valid win32 application' error when my server tries to call it.

Is anyone managing to run this with the original 2011 Homeserver software?
    I am using windows home server with power pack 3, and although I have installed Microsoft Visual runtime C++ 2015 with no errors reported, I suspect that there may be a problem with the visual c++ 2015 thats giving stopping spotty from running. is there away to check for visual c++ 2015 problems?

And if that is the problem , does anyone have a suggestion for free homeserver type software that could run slimserver and also supply my Roku box with streaming video.

Thanks
    Steve
    Are you using Sophos by chance? Or what other AV product? Some have been blocking Spotty.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Apologies for posting a problem as my first message, but I am unable to
    > run Spotty on Windows 10.
    >
    > Windows 10 with all updates
    > Latest version of LMS
    > 32 -bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015

What antivirus product are you using? There have been reports of some
    corrupting/blocking the installation and/or execution of Spotty.

--

Michael
    Hi Michael, I already posted, that after a day of fiddling and after a clean install with manual deletion of all related folders it worked fine on Win10. It still occasionally gives a spotty.exe stopped working dialog, but Spotty still operates. I use Bullguard AV/firewall, that sometime quarantines the LMS app, files, but when restored from quarantine everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bery View Post
    I had to edit Sources.list for 'apt'. I'm up and running now.
    I'm having the same connection problem as you described. How did you edit Sources.list to solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by jorgenl View Post
    I'm having the same connection problem as you described. How did you edit Sources.list to solve it?
    1. Log on as root
    2. cd /etc/apt
    3. vi sources.list
    4. Google how to use vi editor in unix ( i.e. https://www.ccsf.edu/Pub/Fac/vi.html )
    5. Remove # sign at the beginning of this line: # deb http://archive.debian.org/debian etch main ( uncomment line )
    6. save

7. apt-get update
    8. apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

Hope more Readynas users might find it useful ..

Quote Originally Posted by datajunky View Post
    Hi Michael, I already posted, that after a day of fiddling and after a clean install with manual deletion of all related folders it worked fine on Win10. It still occasionally gives a spotty.exe stopped working dialog, but Spotty still operates. I use Bullguard AV/firewall, that sometime quarantines the LMS app, files, but when restored from quarantine everything is fine.
    Hi I`m having trouble getting spotty to run on WIN 10, tryed 2 different PC´s. uninstaled LMS and made a fresh installation of LMS 7.9.1 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 32 Bit. But on both PC´s I´m getting this message:
    thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed', C:\cygwin\home\mh\git\spotty\target\i686-pc-windows-msvc\release\build\librespot-8e0c60f10117bf90\out/lib.rs:365
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    And also:
    Spotty.exe stoped working

Need Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC123
    Apologies for all the noise, everything working again with the exception of spotty, I am still getting a 'not a valid win32 application' error when my server tries to call it.

Is anyone managing to run this with the original 2011 Homeserver software?
    I am using windows home server with power pack 3, and although I have installed Microsoft Visual runtime C++ 2015 with no errors reported, I suspect that there may be a problem with the visual c++ 2015 thats giving stopping spotty from running. is there away to check for visual c++ 2015 problems?

And if that is the problem , does anyone have a suggestion for free homeserver type software that could run slimserver and also supply my Roku box with streaming video.

Thanks
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Are you using Sophos by chance? Or what other AV product? Some have been blocking Spotty.

I had malwarebytes running originally. But I removed it and did a clean lms install.

I installed VMR C++ 2015 with no errors but I think there must be something wrong with the installation as spotty.exe is the only .exe giving me not a win32 application error.
    Last edited by SteveC123; 2017-07-23 at 03:51. Reason: add quote

Spotty is approved!

Never looked here before but if you look at the page shown here on your Spotify account. You should see that Spotty is an approved application.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Bery View Post
    1. Log on as root
    2. cd /etc/apt
    3. vi sources.list
    4. Google how to use vi editor in unix ( i.e. https://www.ccsf.edu/Pub/Fac/vi.html )
    5. Remove # sign at the beginning of this line: # deb http://archive.debian.org/debian etch main ( uncomment line )
    6. save

7. apt-get update
    8. apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

Hope more Readynas users might find it useful ..
    For those without a Linux/Unix background, vi is a pig of an editor, it's one of the most counter intuitive pieces of software I have ever had the misfortune to use IMHO

If you've got a windows PC try using WinSCP, provides an explorer type view of the linux file structure, and a notepad style text editor...

https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

...obviously you'll still have to 'putty' in for 7 & 8
    Last edited by WAD62; 2017-07-23 at 05:18.
    Cheers Will

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Click on the track title on the right . . . plenty of options offered.

Attachment 23201
    Right - but this only works if you add the song to your current queue and then locate it in that list. With the older plugin, you could get to this same info from results in a search, in browsed playlist, that kind of thing. So if you're looking at search results (or browsing a playlist) and you want to find other songs from the same artist or album, you can't do it without adding it to your queue, etc. Not always a big deal via the web interface, but sometimes a pain from apps like Orange Squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ih8gates View Post
    Right - but this only works if you add the song to your current queue and then locate it in that list. With the older plugin, you could get to this same info from results in a search, in browsed playlist, that kind of thing. So if you're looking at search results (or browsing a playlist) and you want to find other songs from the same artist or album, you can't do it without adding it to your queue, etc. Not always a big deal via the web interface, but sometimes a pain from apps like Orange Squeeze.
    Right, gotcha, it can be done, though as you say it's a bit of a faff.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3