Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Michael >>> I've uploaded my edited section of the log. I hope it includes enough info. If not, let me know, and I'll upload the whole log.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    From your description I actually believe this has nothing to do with
    Spotify or Spotty at all, but is a larger issue with the web UI. Would
    you have different browsers to test with? Would you see the same issue
    on various browsers or from various clients in your network?
    I'll test as you suggest, and report back.

There should be no usable tokens in the log file imho. Otherwise I'll
    have to fix this.
    You may well be right. They are long strings of random characters, like encryption keys. But they may, of course, be salted hashes. Anyway, I left them out just in case I needed to upload to the forum.

I'll post the results of the further tests in due course...

Got your log file snippet. But please upload the _full_ server.log file. There's a link to download a compressed copy. Use that, then upload that file. The snippet you sent only shows one successful query, plus an undefined result from an earlier, failed request. I need to know what that request was.

And please disable the MusicIP plugin if you don't use it. It's logging errors, too.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR

...please upload the _full_ server.log file.
    I've just uploaded the .zip - let me know if it's not OK.

And please disable the MusicIP plugin if you don't use it. It's logging errors, too.
    I do use it. As you know, it's no longer maintained; but it continues to try to contact the old Music Magic Server database, which has been defunct for years.
    Can you just ignore those errors?

...From your description I actually believe this has nothing to do with
    Spotify or Spotty at all, but is a larger issue with the web UI. Would
    you have different browsers to test with? Would you see the same issue
    on various browsers or from various clients in your network?...
    The problems with the web UI are much the same with Firefox on a Linux box, with Firefox and Safari on a Mac, or with Chrome on an iPad Mini. Clearly, it's an issue with the LMS server/web UI.
    It had all been working fine up to yesterday morning. I routinely update Debian Wheezy each morning on the box where LMS is running, but the /apt/history.log shows no updates yesterday. There was an update to sudo the morning before, but I can't see how that would have any effect on LMS.
    It's a mystery!

Official Spotify plugin / SpotifyProtocol Handler suddenly no longer working

You should try to reduce your LMS environment to the max. I'm pretty
    sure your issues have nothing to do with Spotify. The only oddities in
    your log date back to before Spotty's installation. Please disable all
    3rd party plugins, MusicIP etc. and try again. If that solves the issue,
    add them back one-by-one.

BTW: your complete log file brought a totally unrelated (and harmless)
    issue to my attention:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...6455ef1394136c

:-)

--

Michael

You should try to reduce your LMS environment to the max. I'm pretty sure your issues have nothing to do with Spotify. The only oddities in your log date back to before Spotty's installation. Please disable all 3rd party plugins, MusicIP etc. and try again. If that solves the issue, add them back one-by-one.
    I'll have a go at that over the weekend.

I'm now sure you're right that the issues are not to do with Spotify per se. (I should have left this topic on the LMS forum, instead of transferring it here, shouldn't I?!) It was simply that I noticed all was not well when I couldn't play Spotify albums through an SB Classic I was controlling with iPeng. Trying to understand what was going on, I discovered that the web gui of my long-standing and stable 7.8.0 installation had stopped working properly, for no apparent reason. I upgraded to 7.9 to see if that would fix it, which it didn't.

I use Spotify most of the time, so it was natural to mention Spotify when describing the problem here on the forum; and you kindly suggested installing 7.9.1 and Spotty (for which I'm very grateful!). But the Spotify stuff was the symptom that made me start to investigate via the web GUI, which, I must say, I have not used for ages. And that's when I discovered the web GUI wasn't working.

Before yesterday morning's problems, I hadn't made any changes to my LMS set up for months. The sudden onset of the issue with playing from Spotify was therefore completely out of the blue. And it's still a mystery to me - though thankfully my access to Spotify has been restored by Spotty.

As there hasn't been any change in "the load on my LMS environment", I find it hard to account for the sudden onset of problems with that idea. So I'm intrigued by your mention of 'oddities' before the installation of Spotty. Is there anything you can clarify about them that might cast light on the sudden failures?

BTW: your complete log file brought a totally unrelated (and harmless) issue to my attention:
    https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...6455ef1394136c
    :-)
    Good! I'm glad that something useful (if minor!) has come out of this saga.
    Last edited by Diana; 2017-07-06 at 12:14.

...Please disable all 3rd party plugins, MusicIP etc. and try again. If that solves the issue, add them back one-by-one.
    I found I had time to do this today. In fact I also disabled a load of 'default' plugins I never use. But it made no difference - the Web UI remained impossibly slow, and, for example, failed to load Spotty>Playlists at all.

So, I thought I'd try the Classic interface instead of the Default interface. The Classic interface works perfectly (including MusicIP mixes! ), pages load normally, and I can access and play from Spotty's menu items.

So the problem is clearly with the default interface - but fixing that is not something I know how to do. However, as I rarely use the web UI, and can do everything I'd ever need to via the Classic interface, I'll stick with that. Actually, it all feels very familiar - just like old times!

Best regards, and thanks for your help.

(PS I continue to find Spotty just brilliant.)