Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yours & mine are exactly the same.

I think this is a red herring, these firmwares are for the older players, not for your own specific players.

I don't have a SB2 or a Transporter, but the firmwares are there.
    I do have a Touch and a Radio, but no firmwares there for these models.

Name:  touchradio.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  104.9 KB
    Server - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play>HiFiBerry DIGI+>AudioEngine DAC1>AVI DM5
    Study - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21>HiFiBerry DAC+>CA Minx 5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak View Post
    OK - I've done a factory reset & now this Touch can connect to MySB.com.

However then connected to very latest 7.9x release (1st July) and still no offer of 7.8.0 software/firmware update.

May be Michael can advise here ?

Have attached screenshots of Firmware folder & view from LMS server settings of this player.
    So Advanced>Update Software does not offer an update to 7.8?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    So Advanced>Update Software does not offer an update to 7.8?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Nope.
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Nope.
    I seem to remember that it sometimes takes a few on and offs before the update is offered (but I'm doing a lot of things incorrectly just recently, so that might be a false memory lol)

Have you tried just pulling the SBT plug out of whatever it is plug into and then plugging it in again (without switching off)

Ronnie

Can someone explain how to manually update via USB stick (or post an instructional link) ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Can someone explain how to manually update via USB stick (or post an instructional link) ?
    it may be through an SD card rather than USB. Can't recall exactly, seems like I just plugged in SD card (or usb thumbdrive) after downloading fab4 firmware to it, and then in the advanced > software update it picked up the firmware via the SD card. I don't have anything here to try again.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

However then connected to very latest 7.9x release (1st July) and still no offer of 7.8.0 software/firmware update.
    Copy "fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin" and "fab4.version" from the link garym provided above to that same directory on your server. Restart your server and you should see a message on your Touch about new firmware being available. Otherwise, do a manual update via Touch: Home > Settings > Advanced > Software Update.

P.S. For some time I ran my two Touches with a mix of 7.8.0 and 7.7.3 and never noticed any difference.

Thanks all

SD card update worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Copy "fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin" and "fab4.version" from the link garym provided above to that same directory on your server. Restart your server and you should see a message on your Touch about new firmware being available. Otherwise, do a manual update via Touch: Home > Settings > Advanced > Software Update.

P.S. For some time I ran my two Touches with a mix of 7.8.0 and 7.7.3 and never noticed any difference.
    Followup: I copied the two files to the firmware directory (which I couldn't find in my vortexbox/linux directories, but temporarily connected to LMS running on my windows laptop). Then when I connected my Touch to the laptop LMS, it immediately asked to update firmware (and did) to 7.8.0 r16754.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Same problem here.
    I have a Touch at a vacation home that I use with mysqueezebox.com (at home I use LMS)
    I copied the files garym linked to a USB drive and was able to update to 7.8.
    (fwiw, if I go to update, it says that a newer 7.7.8 is available! , I guess mysqueezebox.com needs to be updated to suppling 7.8)

Thanks!

(BTW, I was having a problem with Slacker and Pandora stopping when a commercial played, maybe the latest firmware will fix that problem.
    edit: Nope, Slacker and Pandora still stopping when a commercial is played)
    Last edited by Tony T; 2017-07-08 at 08:22.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬