Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which is correct/latest firmware version for Touch ?

Evening

I've just noticed that one of my Touches has firmware 7.7.3 r16676 (and this is the only option available for downloading via Software Update). This is when connected to LMS 7.9x

The other Touch = 7.8.0. r16754.

Can someone please clarify ?

If 7.8.0 should be on both players how do I get the 7.7.3 updated to 7.8.0 (when this doesn't appear to be an option via Software Update) ?

Thanks

PS Not sure if relevant but something odd is going on with the 7.7.3 player - it won't connect to MySB.com. Nothing happens when I tap the Switch to Mysqueezebox.com option...
    Last edited by swayzak; 2017-06-30 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak View Post
    Evening

I've just noticed that one of my Touches has firmware 7.7.3 r16676 (and this is the only option available for downloading via Software Update). This is when connected to LMS 7.9x

The other Touch = 7.8.0. r16754.

Can someone please clarify ?

If 7.8.0 should be on both players how do I get the 7.7.3 updated to 7.8.0 (when this doesn't appear to be an option via Software Update) ?

Thanks

PS Not sure if relevant but something odd is going on with the 7.7.3 player - it won't connect to MySB.com. Nothing happens when I tap the Switch to Mysqueezebox.com option...
    my touch where I am now (July 4th weekend at the cabin... ;-) ... is 7.8.0 r16739, I'm connected to June 2017 7.9.1. I recall that I had to actually download fab4 firmware from logitech, put on a USB thumb drive and install on it. All my other touch players upgraded to 7.8.0 automatically once I had moved to LMS 7.8 a while back.
    firmware is here:
    http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.9.1/
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    my touch where I am now (July 4th weekend at the cabin... ;-) ... is 7.8.0 r16739, I'm connected to June 2017 7.9.1. I recall that I had to actually download fab4 firmware from logitech, put on a USB thumb drive and install on it. All my other touch players upgraded to 7.8.0 automatically once I had moved to LMS 7.8 a while back.
    firmware is here:
    http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.9.1/
    Latest touch firmware is 7.8.0_r16754. It is distributed with LMS so you should be able to update to it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Latest touch firmware is 7.8.0_r16754. It is distributed with LMS so you should be able to update to it.

interesting that my touch, with latest LMS 7.9.1 doesn't update automatically to 754.

don't know how to force update other than the USB stick method.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

It still stubbornly refuses to list 7.8 as an option from the Advanced - Software Update menu.

The fact it also will not connect to MySB.com suggests something fishy is going on.

Maybe a factory reset might help ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

interesting that my touch, with latest LMS 7.9.1 doesn't update automatically to 754.

How do I force this update via USB stick ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

hmmm. just tried to update from touch Advanced > update software to what showed as a newer 7.8 firmware for me, but then it updated (downgraded) to 7.7.3 firmware. Weird.

hmmm. just tried to update from touch Advanced > update software to what showed as a newer 7.8 firmware for me, but then it updated (downgraded) to 7.7.3 firmware. Weird.
    That does seem weird. Have you tried again?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    That does seem weird. Have you tried again?

I will tomorrow but listening to music on the deck at the moment with friends and cold beer!

OK - I've done a factory reset & now this Touch can connect to MySB.com.

However then connected to very latest 7.9x release (1st July) and still no offer of 7.8.0 software/firmware update.

May be Michael can advise here ?

Have attached screenshots of Firmware folder & view from LMS server settings of this player.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by swayzak; 2017-07-01 at 06:01.