Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    594

    Which is correct/latest firmware version for Touch ?

    Evening

    I've just noticed that one of my Touches has firmware 7.7.3 r16676 (and this is the only option available for downloading via Software Update). This is when connected to LMS 7.9x

    The other Touch = 7.8.0. r16754.

    Can someone please clarify ?

    If 7.8.0 should be on both players how do I get the 7.7.3 updated to 7.8.0 (when this doesn't appear to be an option via Software Update) ?

    Thanks

    PS Not sure if relevant but something odd is going on with the 7.7.3 player - it won't connect to MySB.com. Nothing happens when I tap the Switch to Mysqueezebox.com option...
    Last edited by swayzak; 2017-06-30 at 12:22.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by swayzak View Post
    Evening

    I've just noticed that one of my Touches has firmware 7.7.3 r16676 (and this is the only option available for downloading via Software Update). This is when connected to LMS 7.9x

    The other Touch = 7.8.0. r16754.

    Can someone please clarify ?

    If 7.8.0 should be on both players how do I get the 7.7.3 updated to 7.8.0 (when this doesn't appear to be an option via Software Update) ?

    Thanks

    PS Not sure if relevant but something odd is going on with the 7.7.3 player - it won't connect to MySB.com. Nothing happens when I tap the Switch to Mysqueezebox.com option...
    my touch where I am now (July 4th weekend at the cabin... ;-) ... is 7.8.0 r16739, I'm connected to June 2017 7.9.1. I recall that I had to actually download fab4 firmware from logitech, put on a USB thumb drive and install on it. All my other touch players upgraded to 7.8.0 automatically once I had moved to LMS 7.8 a while back.
    firmware is here:
    http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.9.1/
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    my touch where I am now (July 4th weekend at the cabin... ;-) ... is 7.8.0 r16739, I'm connected to June 2017 7.9.1. I recall that I had to actually download fab4 firmware from logitech, put on a USB thumb drive and install on it. All my other touch players upgraded to 7.8.0 automatically once I had moved to LMS 7.8 a while back.
    firmware is here:
    http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.9.1/
    Latest touch firmware is 7.8.0_r16754. It is distributed with LMS so you should be able to update to it.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Latest touch firmware is 7.8.0_r16754. It is distributed with LMS so you should be able to update to it.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    interesting that my touch, with latest LMS 7.9.1 doesn't update automatically to 754.

    don't know how to force update other than the USB stick method.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    594
    It still stubbornly refuses to list 7.8 as an option from the Advanced - Software Update menu.

    The fact it also will not connect to MySB.com suggests something fishy is going on.

    Maybe a factory reset might help ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    interesting that my touch, with latest LMS 7.9.1 doesn't update automatically to 754.

    don't know how to force update other than the USB stick method.
    How do I force this update via USB stick ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    interesting that my touch, with latest LMS 7.9.1 doesn't update automatically to 754.

    don't know how to force update other than the USB stick method.
    hmmm. just tried to update from touch Advanced > update software to what showed as a newer 7.8 firmware for me, but then it updated (downgraded) to 7.7.3 firmware. Weird.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    hmmm. just tried to update from touch Advanced > update software to what showed as a newer 7.8 firmware for me, but then it updated (downgraded) to 7.7.3 firmware. Weird.
    That does seem weird. Have you tried again?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,048
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    That does seem weird. Have you tried again?

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I will tomorrow but listening to music on the deck at the moment with friends and cold beer!
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    594
    OK - I've done a factory reset & now this Touch can connect to MySB.com.

    However then connected to very latest 7.9x release (1st July) and still no offer of 7.8.0 software/firmware update.

    May be Michael can advise here ?

    Have attached screenshots of Firmware folder & view from LMS server settings of this player.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by swayzak; 2017-07-01 at 06:01.
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •