Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cant resolve squeezebox.com ip address

Hi, Had to change my router the other day to a TP Link model. SB Touch sees the network and plays music from my nas but cant connect to the internet so no Deezer or Shoutcast.
    It just gives mre the message Can't resolve the IP for squeezebox.com.

I am not techie so can anybody point me in the right direction with this in laymans terms.....I presume its a setting on the new router as everything worked fine with the old router.

Many thanks,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philifa55 View Post
    Hi, Had to change my router the other day to a TP Link model. SB Touch sees the network and plays music from my nas but cant connect to the internet so no Deezer or Shoutcast.
    It just gives mre the message Can't resolve the IP for squeezebox.com.

I am not techie so can anybody point me in the right direction with this in laymans terms.....I presume its a setting on the new router as everything worked fine with the old router.

Many thanks,

Phil
    Can you connect to

www.mysqueezebox.com

via a browser?

and

have you reset the SBTouch?
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2017-06-26 at 05:32.

Yes, no problem on my pc.
    Yes....several times
    Last edited by philifa55; 2017-06-26 at 06:25.

Quote Originally Posted by philifa55 View Post
    Yes, no problem on my pc.
    Yes....several times

Is the SBT connected to the router by ethernet or wireless?

if wireless and the router is a dual band model, check that you are using the correct band for the Touch.

Try a cable if wireless and finally reset the router:

How I do it is to properly disconnect any Players, NAS or other bits on the network.

On your computer, go to the router and first disconnect it from the Internet, then reset it to default and go through the set up procedure again.

You can make sure to note and save any necessary passwords first. Also check if a firmware update is available.

When the router is up and running properly, re-connect your devices one by one, checking that each has full conectivity to the network and web.
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2017-06-26 at 06:56.

Thanks for all your help. I have connected by cable and wireless and both connection work as I can stream from my nas which is 25 meters away in my office....but no internet connection.

All my other equipment works fine with the new router......its just the sb touch causing me a problem.

I know from experience how full days can be wasted trying to sort this type of problem out so, I am going to pack the router up and return it today. Life is too short......I will buy another Billion router as the old one served me very well for 6 years. Not the latest technology but at least I know everything will work.

Well that's a shame. I'm sure there must be a reason for the SBT not to connect.

I'm using a TP-LINK W9980 and installation was pretty straightforward and it's been solid.
    I also use an old Billion 7800n at my Mothers and that also is pretty solid.

I think the problem is a DNS thing but I'm just a hacker at this sort of stuff.

One last try?

Just pull the power plug of the SBT from the wall, wait for a short while and then plug it back in.

Ronnie

it can be such simple thing as the DNS settings in the Touch if you don't use DHCP on it .
    If you once setup ethernet manually on it you coul just review its current settings ?

Usually one setup the routers ip as DNS , but if the routers base adress is changed ? its easy to forget .

IP
    subnetmask
    dns
    gateway

?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

> it can be such simple thing as the DNS settings in the Touch if you
    > don't use DHCP on it .

I rather think it's the network settings on the server side (which is
    run on a NAS, isn't it?).

--

Michael

Yes Michael, the sb server is on the Synology NAS. However, I didn't have a problem playing music from the NAS.

Anyway I now have a Synology router which seems excellent. The Touch can play from the NAS and from the internet. However, it is not as simple as it used to be with my old Billion router.

With my Billion router I could easily switch from playing from the NAS to Deezer or Shoutcast by going my apps - deezer etc. Now I have to go to settings - advanced - network and select either my NAS or mysqeezebox depending on what I want.

So, before the touch recognised the nas and internet without any input from me but now I have to tell it which one I want......any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

> With my Billion router I could easily switch from playing from the NAS
    > to Deezer or Shoutcast by going my apps - deezer etc. Now I have to go
    > to settings - advanced - network and select either my NAS or mysqeezebox
    > depending on what I want.

Make sure you've correctly configured your LMS. Go to
    Settings/mysqueezebox.com and enter your username/password.

--

Michael