Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Works like a charm!
    Merry X-mas Greg, and a Happy New Year to you!!
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 7.9.1 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.4
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    Works like a charm!
    Merry X-mas Greg, and a Happy New Year to you!!
    Same from my side - thanks for this excellent app - and merry x-mas!
    To Greg, but also Micheal, who keeps the hole thing together and running!!!
    And also all the other active contributors!

Long live the Squeezebox Eco-System!

Feature request

Hi,

I'd like to request that the squeezelite player can be disabled
    I know this kinda goes against the point of Squeezelite-X but it make a great controller for desktops (and windows tablets) and is standalone with no need to install chrome.

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

You can simply ignore it and select a different player in the UI..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

I do but as I never use the player in windows its not as neat and tidy as not having a player connected to LMS you never use
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Hi,

I know this kinda goes against the point of Squeezelite-X but it make a great controller for desktops (and windows tablets) and is standalone with no need to install chrome.

Jeff
    I'll see what I can do. I'm glad you appreciate the embedded browser aspect of this and its speed and convenience. I hate waiting even 2 or 3 seconds waiting for a browser to come up and dealing with browser issues. The embedded Browser in the tray does work well and is worth it by itself. I especially see your point with regard to tablets.

I am noticing that getting updates through the Store certification process takes about a week to 10 days. I'm still waiting on 1.1 to to get published which I submitted late December.) BTW Version 1.1 will improve stability in certain sleep/resume scenarios: (1) where multiple users are running the app on the same machine, both are logged in and the computer wakes from sleep, and (2) when Windows issues a SUSPEND message but never issues a RESUME message. V 1.1 will also add a "refresh" button to the output devices so you can refresh the list if the devices have changed since starting the app (rare, I know, but it happens when a user changed from console to RDP, or when a user plugs in a USB output device, I suppose.)

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Hi,

Jeff
    I have implemented this feature in development and I am playing around with it. Right now, the icon in the tray will be gray instead of blue if squeezelite player is disabled. OK?

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I have implemented this feature in development and I am playing around with it. Right now, the icon in the tray will be gray instead of blue if squeezelite player is disabled. OK?

R Greg Dawson
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for that, I think the grey Icon would be a good idea, its the same as "Off" now and I would have thought that anyone that uses it now would "get it"

Jeff

Now that Squeezelite-X is in the Microsoft Store I can see a little bit of telemetry. One is called Failure Hits and it indicates when a computer running Squeezelite-X experiences a hang or crash. And I am seeing a small number failure hits. I get almost no additional information, so I can't tell what the failure was. Sometimes I get a clue and I can tell if the error was in squeezelite-win.exe or in the code that I wrote or in the Chromium Embedded Framework. I don't do a lot of checking on manually entered advanced squeezelite-win parameters so I'm guessing it would be easy to cause a crash by entering bad values there. And maybe some people have done that. But I am not sure and I would like the number of Failure Hits to be zero. So if you see a hang or a crash, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks!

R Greg Dawson

FYI Only as this was a download on Win 7 on a ESXi VM
    I had a few crashes of Squeezelite-X usually when opening an RDP session.
    As I was only using this for testing I have now removed Sl-X