Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Greg, did you miss http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post899153 ?

It would be handy to be able to start a dormant squeezebox server from the same app that you control it from.
    I just now responded to this, had an idea, then tried to edit my post, then it disappeared. Anyway, I think I have an idea how to do this.

R Greg Dawson

Just put up 0.9.29.0.

I took @drmatt's advice and removed the advanced ability to enter custom command line options. It may come back someday, if there is demand, but I don't see any. You no longer have to worry about quoting the player name if it has spaces in it, this is handled automatically now. I also upgraded to the latest version of CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework), which is actually published by Spotify. And, I did some particular improvements on multi-monitor dpi changes.

I'm still thinking about the idea of sending WOL packet to dormant server to wake it up if necessary. My worry is that Squeezelite-X will still throw errors until the server wakes up, which can take a minute or two or three. So I think I will need to work on certain error cases first. And before that I need to implement some much better logging thatn I have now. Anyway I'll work in WOL sometime in the future.

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I'm still thinking about the idea of sending WOL packet to dormant server to wake it up if necessary. My worry is that Squeezelite-X will still throw errors until the server wakes up, which can take a minute or two or three. So I think I will need to work on certain error cases first. And before that I need to implement some much better logging thatn I have now. Anyway I'll work in WOL sometime in the future.

R Greg Dawson
    Fair enough, but no need to re-invent the wheel. My piCorePlayers all send WOL to the LMS, so maybe a quick query to Ralphy or SBP will help.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Fair enough, but no need to re-invent the wheel. My piCorePlayers all send WOL to the LMS, so maybe a quick query to Ralphy or SBP will help.
    As I understand it I just need to broadcast a UDP packet to the local subnet containing 0xFFFFFFFFFFFF followed by the MAC address of the server and repeat that 16 times. What I need to do in Squeezelite-X in addition to sending the WOL (the easy part), is to better handle when the server is not there, to know the difference between a server that is there, but asleep versus mispelling the server name or something, figure out how long to wait for it before throwing errors, figuring out when is best time to send WOL, and stuff like that. Hopefully getting the MAC address from the server without the user having to enter it. Then I need to configure my own server to go to sleep (or create a new one since I don't really want mine going to sleep) so I can test this. I like this idea, I do. It just might take me a little time to get it done the way I want. I have some ideas on what I think I need to do.

R Greg Dawson