Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Fortunately, there is an easy solution.....
    That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the result

Another request from me: The way it works now; A windows popout that is actually a small browser window, is fine. But there's two things I miss:
    1. I'd like the window to disappear automatically if I click somewhere on my screen outside the window. Now, I have to acurately click the close icon (The little X in the upper right corner) to close the window.
    2. Can you add a keyboard shortcut (or better yet; a customizable keyboard shortcut) to open the window?
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.3
    LMS 7.9.0 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.3
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Oo. Now we get into user interface semantics. Fragile windows are a big problem for ease-of-access, or for cases where people have a non-accurate clicking device like a touchpad or touchscreen. One small touch outside the window and bosh, your work is gone. I'd usually say an explicit "click to close" is a better compromise.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I'd usually say an explicit "click to close" is a better compromise.
    Normally, I would agree, but not in this case because this windows does not contain any sort of "work" that can get lost. And if you accidentally close it, just open it again - viola!
    Plex running in Docker

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Almost Retired

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    This doesn't work exactly as expected. It seems to control playback only for the Squeezelite player (local playback). If I choose a network player (like i.e. the Classic or the Duet), pressing Play/Pause on my keyboard still controls the local player (SqueezeLite) on my PC.
    Version 0.9.26.0 is up. There is now an option in settings so that you can decide yourself how you want media keys applied - either to the player as currently selected in the browser, or always to the local Squeezelite player. Since I am not yet sure which way I prefer, I decided to make it user configurable. Default is current player selected in browser.

Only supports Play/Pause, Stop, Prev, Next.

R Greg Dawson

That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see the result

Another request from me: The way it works now; A windows popout that is actually a small browser window, is fine. But there's two things I miss:
    1. I'd like the window to disappear automatically if I click somewhere on my screen outside the window. Now, I have to acurately click the close icon (The little X in the upper right corner) to close the window.
    2. Can you add a keyboard shortcut (or better yet; a customizable keyboard shortcut) to open the window?
    1. Just make sure I understand... You would like to hide the main window when it loses focus? Or the mini-browser window you can bring up from the main browser window? In either case, I think that is sorta non-standard behavior, so I am reluctant, but I want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

2. My keyboard only has Play/Pause, Prev, Next, and Stop. But some keyboards have a media player key. For example I have this on my work computer. When I press it, it brings up Groove. Would be cool, I think, if it opened the SqueezeliteX window instead. Or as you propose, a user-defined key combination that does this. In any case, would you want that same key to hide the window if it is already showing, i.e. would you prefer "Show" or "toggle" behavior? (Btw, the tray icon exhibits "toggle" behavior.)

R Greg Dawson

1. Just make sure I understand... You would like to hide the main window when it loses focus? Or the mini-browser window you can bring up from the main browser window? In either case, I think that is sorta non-standard behavior, so I am reluctant, but I want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

2. My keyboard only has Play/Pause, Prev, Next, and Stop. But some keyboards have a media player key. For example I have this on my work computer. When I press it, it brings up Groove. Would be cool, I think, if it opened the SqueezeliteX window instead. Or as you propose, a user-defined key combination that does this. In any case, would you want that same key to hide the window if it is already showing, i.e. would you prefer "Show" or "toggle" behavior? (Btw, the tray icon exhibits "toggle" behavior.)
    1. I'm not sure what you mean by "the main window" ? Are you referring to an ordinary Chrome Browser window with the LMS web interface in it? If so, I never use that, so I cannot comment. I do not expect SqueezeliteX_Win64.appx to have any influence over any regular Chrome Browser Window. What I am referring to all the time, is the mini-browser windows that flies out from the taskbar icon. "Losing focus" means actively clicking anywhere outside the mini-browser window. This behaviour is the same as if you click on the notification icon in WIndows 10, or the start button: It flies out, and as soon as you click somewhere else, it disappears again. That's a nice (and de-facto) behaviour of windows itself - and most other tray-Icon apps (speaker, Wi-fi etc.)

2. I tested 0.9.26.0 and it is perfect for Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous. These are the most essential controls. You've done a great job in no time at all!! I'm not sure what you mean by "Media-Player-Key" but I guess that is a non-standard key that differs from keyboard to keyboard. As such you would not likely be able to hard-code that. That's why I suggested a user definable short-cut key combination (like Alt-F4 or something similar). But if I'm wrong, and there is a de-facto key named "Media-Player-key", then by all means. On my Logitech keyboard, I have no special "Media-Player-Key" as such, but I have music-Note symbol on F4, and if I press that, it does indeed bring up Groove (which I never use). If it would launch SqueezeliteX instead, that would be great. But as I said, any odd user configurable key-combination would do the trick. As I suggested, "hiding" the mini-browser windows would be either move focus away from it, and/or hit the same "Media-Player-key" again. Perhaps even pressing Esc could serve that purpose ?

Keep up the good work
    Last edited by oyvindo; 2017-11-15 at 11:08.
    Plex running in Docker

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Almost Retired

There is a list of standard media player key codes used by most extended keyboards. E.g. https://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-6.html

Ok brands don't seem to be very consistent but play/pause is usually e0 22, stop is e0 24, next/prev is e0 10 and e0 19, for example. At least these it seems Microsoft and Logitech agree on, so that's 90% of the market.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

1. I'm not sure what you mean by "the main window" ? Are you referring to an ordinary Chrome Browser window with the LMS web interface in it? If so, I never use that, so I cannot comment. I do not expect SqueezeliteX_Win64.appx to have any influence over any regular Chrome Browser Window. What I am referring to all the time, is the mini-browser windows that flies out from the taskbar icon. "Losing focus" means actively clicking anywhere outside the mini-browser window. This behaviour is the same as if you click on the notification icon in WIndows 10, or the start button: It flies out, and as soon as you click somewhere else, it disappears again. That's a nice (and de-facto) behaviour of windows itself - and most other tray-Icon apps (speaker, Wi-fi etc.)

2. I tested 0.9.26.0 and it is perfect for Play/Pause/Stop/Next/Previous. These are the most essential controls. You've done a great job in no time at all!! I'm not sure what you mean by "Media-Player-Key" but I guess that is a non-standard key that differs from keyboard to keyboard. As such you would not likely be able to hard-code that. That's why I suggested a user definable short-cut key combination (like Alt-F4 or something similar). But if I'm wrong, and there is a de-facto key named "Media-Player-key", then by all means. On my Logitech keyboard, I have no special "Media-Player-Key" as such, but I have music-Note symbol on F4, and if I press that, it does indeed bring up Groove (which I never use). If it would launch SqueezeliteX instead, that would be great. But as I said, any odd user configurable key-combination would do the trick. As I suggested, "hiding" the mini-browser windows would be either move focus away from it, and/or hit the same "Media-Player-key" again. Perhaps even pressing Esc could serve that purpose ?

Keep up the good work
    My Main Window, I am referring to the window with the title "SqueezeLiteX" that contains the LMS web interface and the settings page. SqueezeliteX does not have any influence over or awareness of any regular Chrome Browser window. So the media keys will apply to the player selected in the SqueezeliteX window that has the LMS web interface in it. I think we are talking about the same window. It comes up when you click the icon in the tray. And now I see the precedent for the behavior you seek (the notification pane). Interesting. I was sorta using Skype as a model for behavior. If I implement this behavior, I would probably make it user-configurable. I'll experiment with the idea. I could and should implement hiding the SqueezeliteX window with the Esc key (when it has focus).

The "Music Note" is what I meant by "Media Player Key". Mine looks like a music note as well. I'm sure it corresponds to a standard VK code. I assume I could make that bring up the SqueezeliteX window, but I not sure I could prevent it from bringing up Groove. I'll have to experiment with that. So a user-configurable hotkey may be the preferred answer.

Thank you for the encouragement and ideas.

R Greg Dawson

So a user-configurable hotkey may be the preferred answer.
    I have the app version of 0.9.26.0 installed and it works perfectly.

It doesn't present an option, to Windows 10, that is discover-able in the Settings/Apps/Default Apps section.

Name:  MediaKey.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  32.5 KB

As you can see, mine has been set to VLC and that is what responds to my media key (two "beamed" quavers - according to wikipedia). It could be set to Squeezelite-X if that were available in the selection list.

I'm totally useless at programming but maybe it's something as simple as getting Squeezelite-X to register as a music player app when it installs and then setting it in the Default Apps above.
    Music Store: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Player:
    LMS 7.9.1 on Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+
    Portable Server/Player: LMS 7.9.1 on HP-DV2700 Laptop/Ubuntu 17.10 with synced music drive.
    Homeplug LAN Players: Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.22/HDMI/Jivelite, Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    UPNP Wifi Players: Chromecast Audio, Revo Super-Connect Radio, GGMM-E5 portable
    VPN Player: SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

I just put up 0.9.27.0. This version is Per-Monitor Dpi-Aware. @drmatt, let me know if you are "in awe", haha.

R Greg Dawson