Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubii View Post
    Hi I finally had time to use your app! Its great thanks!

Does this (the quote above) mean, if your app is running, sleep is not working?

And i can prevent it with the option: -C 60 , it stops the player (or shuts it down) after 60min?

Thats good to know.

But for that i need to start it via command line or something, which brings me to my question: How do you or anybody else realize autostart of the app?

Greetings

cubii
    My app (SqueezeLiteTray) runs squeezelite-win.exe under the covers. It so happens that when squeezelite-win.exe opens an audio stream it does not close it by default, even after the music stops. The open audio stream can prevent windows from going to sleep. The -C option is a squeezelite-win.exe command line option that sets a timeout that will close the audio stream after X seconds of idle, nothing playing. I consider this essential, so I recently added it to the "Settings" user interface. You can set the timeout to whatever you want, I chose 60 seconds. Using the -C option does not stop the player. If you actually want the player to stop after a period of time or after a period of computer being idle, my app has option for that as well. Those options actually will turn the player off.

You can add whatever squeezelite-win.exe command line options you want in the setting dialog (See help button on that screen). I have features to set the most important ones in the interface.

As for setting up autostart on login... I have implemented auto-start in the Windows 10 version of the app (Appx). This is enabled as part of the appx installation, and can be disabled by using the "Startup" tab in task manager. I have not implemented this feature in the standard Windows installer, but you can do it manually very easily by putting the shortcut in you user Startup folder. If you want to try the Windows 10 Store version of the app look in the Windows 10 folder for instructions.

Glad you like the app. Ideas and feedback are welcome. I intend to put this on the Microsoft Store in the coming weeks. It will be free, of course.

--rgdawson

Hello there,
    seems to work quite well as appx package. One niggle in my environment though: you didn't include the possibility for password protected LMS servers.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901; BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    If you want to try the Windows 10 Store version of the app look in the Windows 10 folder for instructions.
    Thought i was using the windows 10 app and dont have autostart, but will check it again

EDIT: Nope, was using the normal exe version, with the windows 10 app version it works as you have described it!
    Glad you like the app. Ideas and feedback are welcome. I intend to put this on the Microsoft Store in the coming weeks. It will be free, of course.

--rgdawson
    Thank you!
    Last edited by cubii; 2017-10-05 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Hello there,
    seems to work quite well as appx package. One niggle in my environment though: you didn't include the possibility for password protected LMS servers.
    Thank you telling me about accommodating password protected LMS players. I had not thought of that. I've never password-protected my LMS Server before. Should be an easy thing to accommodate in next version.

As for the Windows 10 Appx Bundle Version, thanks for trying that one as well. I am going to look into doing something with Live Tiles, where the Live Tile would show what is playing or something like that. I'm doing all this with non-Microsoft dev tools,so some things are harder than usual, so I have to figure out how to get to the appx api extensions that drive live tiles, which should be fun.

As always, feedback and ideas are welcome.

--rgdawson

Thank you telling me about accommodating password protected LMS players. I had not thought of that. I've never password-protected my LMS Server before. Should be an easy thing to accommodate in next version.

As for the Windows 10 Appx Bundle Version, thanks for trying that one as well. I am going to look into doing something with Live Tiles, where the Live Tile would show what is playing or something like that. I'm doing all this with non-Microsoft dev tools,so some things are harder than usual, so I have to figure out how to get to the appx api extensions that drive live tiles, which should be fun.

As always, feedback and ideas are welcome.

--rgdawson
    Very useful app - I use the x64 version and would like to try the Windows 10 Appx version but have no idea how to find it. Tried looking in the MS Windows 10 App store and it's not there - don't know what the 'Windows 10 folder', mentioned in an earlier post, actually is!

How can I find it?

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    don't know what the 'Windows 10 folder', mentioned in an earlier post, actually is!

How can I find it?

Bob
    Here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlC6xWoP5Gkwgb5YHGQ1-VHk7TQZXw

cubii

Quote Originally Posted by cubii View Post
    Found and done - working well.

Thank you

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Last night I put up a new version that works with password-protected servers.

The settings screen now looks like this.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 52
Size:  18.1 KB

You can now enter username/password and that will be used to connect to the LMS api and web server. The username/password values are ignored if your server is not password-protected. The username and password are remembered by storing in registry like all the other settings, but the username/password are encrypted there.

I password protected my LMS and I have been using this a couple days and seems OK.

Warning, the software does not yet respond very gracefully when you use invalid credentials. If you enter invalid credentials, it will just not connect to server properly without telling you why. The browser window will also be blank. But if you enter your credentials correctly, it works fine.

--rgdawson

Works as designed Thanks for the swift return!
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901; BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...

I have tried the "latest" Win10 version 0.9.9.0 and I have found I get no sound - but I do if I use version 0.9.8.0 - I have using Win10 Home with no weird add-ons or features. Just seems strange the previous version without the LMS Security works just fine but the one with Security is Mute

Anyway thank you very much for the App - when it works it is just great !!