Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    This is indeed a great idea and a great app.
    Installation of the certificate and the Appx under Windows 10 Fall Creators Update went smooth.

Thank you so much for your effort.
    Have you put up a paypal contribution account yet?

One question:
    Is there any way you App could hook into the media keys on the client keyboard so that it would respond to the most important controls like : Play/Pause, Next/Prev, Volume up/down and mute ?
    Currently I use an App names WinSlim that works, but it isn't being maintained anylonger by it's author so it's just a question of time before it stops working alltogether. It already has several flaws - but it does the job, still.
    It would seem natural to have your app take over that role.
    Last edited by oyvindo; 2017-11-08 at 14:49.
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.3
    LMS 7.9.0 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.3
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    Installation of the certificate and the Appx under Windows 10 Fall Creators Update went smooth.

One question:
    Is there any way you App could hook into the media keys on the client keyboard so that it would respond to the most important controls like : Play/Pause, Next/Prev, Volume up/down and mute ?
    Currently I use an App names WinSlim that works, but it isn't being maintained anylonger by it's author so it's just a question of time before it stops working alltogether. It already has several flaws - but it does the job, still.
    Hmmm...that seems like another good idea. Play/Pause, Skip Next, Skip Prev, would make sense. Sounds easy while the program has focus, but I'd have to figure out how to hook into that while running in the background. I'll have to think about it.

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Hmmm...that seems like another good idea. Play/Pause, Skip Next, Skip Prev, would make sense. Sounds easy while the program has focus, but I'd have to figure out how to hook into that while running in the background. I'll have to think about it.
    You can perhaps check out WinSlim. The author has his homepage here: https://www.adamreeve.com/software/, and the project seems to be available on GitHUB here: https://github.com/reeve/WinSlim
    I talked to the author some time ago, and at that time he welcomed anyone to take over the project. A distro was available which included the two dll files (SlimCliLib + SystemHotkey), but that distro seems to be gone now. But I still have my copy.
    Plex running in Docker

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Almost Retired

Option to WOL if server is asleep (Host not found)

Greg,
    At the risk of scope creep, could you add an option to send Wake On LAN to the nominated server?

Currently you display a message "Socket error # 11001 Host not found", at this point you could ask "Wake up server? y/n" and send a WOL magic packet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-o...e_Magic_Packet) if you get a "y" .
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

One question:

Version 0.9.25.0 - Implemented global keyboard hook for: Play/Pause, Next, Prev.

R Greg Dawson

Version 0.9.25.0 - Implemented global keyboard hook for: Play/Pause, Next, Prev.
    This doesn't work exactly as expected. It seems to control playback only for the Squeezelite player (local playback). If I choose a network player (like i.e. the Classic or the Duet), pressing Play/Pause on my keyboard still controls the local player (SqueezeLite) on my PC.
    Plex running in Docker

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Almost Retired

This doesn't work exactly as expected. It seems to control playback only for the Squeezelite player (local playback). If I choose a network player (like i.e. the Classic or the Duet), pressing Play/Pause on my keyboard still controls the local player (SqueezeLite) on my PC.
    Ahh, yes. I'll have to make it as you suggest.

R, Greg Dawson

On second thought, not sure it is possible to determine programmatically what player is selected in browser. There is no api for that. This might be hard.

R G Dawson

On second thought, not sure it is possible to determine programmatically what player is selected in browser. There is no api for that. This might be hard.
    Check out this guys: https://www.streamkeys.com/
    They seem to have solved this ....
    Plex running in Docker

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Almost Retired

Check out this guys: https://www.streamkeys.com/
    They seem to have solved this ....
    Not really. I did implement hotkeys for the player running on the same computer. I think what you are asking is that I implement hotkeys basically for a player on another computer, or another device. When a command is sent to the server, such as "Next", you have to send a player ID (the player MAC address). SqueezeliteX obviously knows this for the local player, which is squeezelite-win.exe and the MAC address in settings. I think what you are asking is that the SqueezeliteX software figure out what player is currently selected in the browser window and send that as the player ID when sending a play/pause/next/prev command to the server. This, by the way, is a really cool idea you have.

Fortunately, there is an easy solution. The player ID (the player MAC address) that the browser window has selected is stored in a browser cookie. The cookie format is an SQLite database. All I need to do is open that SQLite database and read the player ID and use that in the commands sent to the server as a result of a media key press.

I've been out of town the last 4 days, so I was only now able to investigate where to find this data. So, I will be able to do this. I just need to now add SQLite to the mix.

R Greg Dawson