Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Windows App to run Squeezelite and LMS Web interface from Tray Icon

I am working on a Windows Application that is about 99% complete.

Basically it is a Windows Tray app that runs Squeezelite underneath the covers from an icon in the Windows tray.

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-TrayIcon.PNG
Views: 800
Size:  3.6 KB

You can easily setup the Squeezelite parameters using a GUI. The settings GUI also lets you define custom links that will appear in the popup menu when you right-click the tray icon.

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-Settings.PNG
Views: 773
Size:  14.0 KB

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-Menu.PNG
Size:  6.7 KB

The app has the Chromium Embedded Framework built in, which supplies the LMS web interface. Left-Clicking on the tray icon brings up the LMS interface (fast).

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-Controller.PNG
Views: 772
Size:  128.4 KB

I wrote this initially for myself. My overall installation consists of 4 duets in the house and a server running LMS. I usually control it all with iPeng app on iOS devices. However when sitting at my computer, I use Squeezelite. I want a fast and easy way to do that, so I created this app.

My intent is to create a Windows Store App. I am currently running this as Windows Store app on my PCs, but I also have regular installer for older versions of Windows. I have a ways to go to get through all the wickets of getting it into the Windows Store.

If anyone is interested in trying it out let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    I am working on a Windows Application that is about 99% complete.

Basically it is a Windows Tray app that runs Squeezelite underneath the covers from an icon in the Windows tray.

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-TrayIcon.PNG
Views: 800
Size:  3.6 KB

You can easily setup the Squeezelite parameters using a GUI. The settings GUI also lets you define custom links that will appear in the popup menu when you right-click the tray icon.

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-Settings.PNG
Size:  14.0 KB

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-Menu.PNG
Size:  6.7 KB

The app has the Chromium Embedded Framework built in, which supplies the LMS web interface. Left-Clicking on the tray icon brings up the LMS interface (fast).

Name:  SqueezeLiteTray-Controller.PNG
Views: 772
Size:  128.4 KB

I wrote this initially for myself. My overall installation consists of 4 duets in the house and a server running LMS. I usually control it all with iPeng app on iOS devices. However when sitting at my computer, I use Squeezelite. I want a fast and easy way to do that, so I created this app.

My intent is to create a Windows Store App. I am currently running this as Windows Store app on my PCs, but I also have regular installer for older versions of Windows. I have a ways to go to get through all the wickets of getting it into the Windows Store.

If anyone is interested in trying it out let me know.

Looks nice, i am willing to test it!

I would be happy to test

No problem!!

Here's the link

Here is a link to download installer. The link is to a shared folder on my OneDrive account.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlC6xWoP5Gkwgb5YHGQ1-VHk7TQZXw

Thanks for this. I installed it on W10x64 Pro Build 15063 and squeezelite is running. Problem with interface, though. Right-click and select "Settings...", "On/Off" slider in upper left is "Off". If I switch it "On", I get error message below; same if I then switch it back "Off".

Also, neither squeezelite nor the tray app survive a restart. I saw a few brief error messages while W10 booting up, but too fast to catch what they were saying.
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2017-06-25 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Thanks for this. I installed it on W10x64 Pro Build 15063 and squeezelite is running. Problem with interface, though. Right-click and select "Settings...", "On/Off" slider in upper left is "Off". If I switch it "On", I get error message below; same if I then switch it back "Off".

Also, neither squeezelite nor the tray app survive a restart. I saw a few brief error messages while W10 booting up, but too fast to catch what they were saying.
    First, thanks for trying it out. Unfortunately, I accidentally previously uploaded an old build. I have now uploaded the correct build. Uninstall the older build, then install the newer build.

I apologize for uploading the wrong one. (I had been working on a 64-bit version and I didn't realize the 32bit version had not been rebuilt before I uploaded it. I thought my script was always building both.)

Some notes...

Upon first install first run, it will automatically bring up the settings dialog if no Player Name or no LMS host name have been defined. There you can enter the Player Name, the LMS Host Name or IP. If you need to change the Squeezelite player MAC you can (if you are running multiple SqueezeLites on your system). You can also add any other Squeezelite parameters you wish by typing them into that parameters memo field manually.

Currently, I have not included the options to automatically run this on startup or user login. So if you want that, you need to do it manually. But that is a good idea to add to settings, so I will add that to my to-do list.

Thanks - great little app!

Here is a link to download installer. The link is to a shared folder on my OneDrive account.

Excellent little app!!
    It is to my knowledge the fastest way to get a squeezebox controller on the Windows screen - and has a player for the PC integrated.
    Works well for me.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. some questions / comments / observations:
    If you have a 64 bit version available, pls let me know.
    Sometimes, I have to click 2 times on the icon for the LMS window to appear
    If I open the app (i.e. open the LMS window) and right-click anywhere in that window, I get a context menu with 4 blank entries (?)
    Heiner
    My system:
    LMS 7.9 on modded Open Peak Joggler running Roobarbs SqueezePlay OS.
    1 x Slimp3
    5 x Squeezebox Classic
    1 x Controller
    2 x Squeeze Commander (on 2 rooted Nook Touch e-reader)
    X x Squeezeplay & Jivelites on various PC's & Laptops

Quote Originally Posted by slimhase View Post
    Excellent little app!!
    It is to my knowledge the fastest way to get a squeezebox controller on the Windows screen - and has a player for the PC integrated.
    Works well for me.

Thanks for sharing.

P.S. some questions / comments / observations:
    If you have a 64 bit version available, pls let me know.
    Sometimes, I have to click 2 times on the icon for the LMS window to appear
    If I open the app (i.e. open the LMS window) and right-click anywhere in that window, I get a context menu with 4 blank entries (?)
    I put a 64-bit version up.

I see the blank context menu on right click. I'll look into that. Should be easy fix.

I've tried downloading so many times this week without any success .... it used to work!
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I've tried downloading so many times this week without any success .... it used to work!
    Could have just been bad timing, perhaps I was replacing files when you tried. Try again? What error were you getting?

R Greg Dawson