Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Slacker Radio Stops Between Tracks

Just reporting that this issue is still very much alive.

The glitch always happens between tracks, sometimes switching to an advertisement, sometimes fetching the next track.

Here is an example of the most recent stoppage:

http://diskstation:9002/plugins/slac...3Ac9%3A63%3A3a

Unable to retrieve next track, press PLAY to try again. (malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "<html>\n\t<head>\n\t...") at /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Plugin/Slacker/ProtocolHandler.pm line 154. )

Running through LMS 7.9.0, player is Squeezelite 1.8.6-957, wired network. I never see the "unable to connect" problem others have reported.

128k CBR MP3

In this case, pressing play caused the next track (a commercial) to play briefly and then a second error very similar to the one above occurred.

Pressing play a third time started a new track playing which completed without error and another track was played as well.
    SB3 / Synology NAS running Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 / Squeeze Lite on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

I am getting the same error. I was getting random stoppages (the unable to connect error: have to hit play/forward to move to next track - and sometimes I had to select a completely different source and go back to slacker). Random stoppages seemed to have slowed/stopped over the last few weeks and everything was working great. Starting yesterday, however, Slacker won't even move one track forward without have to hit forward 3 times. It also stops after every track.

I am running LMS 7.8 on an Asustor NAS. Play back is through 6 Raspberry pis (all of which are using pCP 3.2 I think) all hardwired except one in the garage on wifi.

I am curious where you guys are located. I am in the US (LA, CA) and I have not been seeing this behavior recently although I have seen it in the past.

Located in Canada (Milton, ON).

I'm located in Arizona.

I hope the developer will consider some retry logic to make this more reliable.
    SB3 / Synology NAS running Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 / Squeeze Lite on Raspberry Pi 2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by rbh83 View Post
    Located in Canada (Milton, ON).
    I'm amazed you are getting anything at all !! I was a big fan of Slacker and was using it on a regular basis so much so that I purchased a subscription. Around October of last year it started dropping out as you described. I put up with it for a while and in the end cancelled the subscription and started using Deezer. A month or so ago I tried Slacker again only to get a recorded message that Slacker was not available in my location ... Burlington, ON.

Quote Originally Posted by VFRBOB View Post
    I'm amazed you are getting anything at all !! I was a big fan of Slacker and was using it on a regular basis so much so that I purchased a subscription. Around October of last year it started dropping out as you described. I put up with it for a while and in the end cancelled the subscription and started using Deezer. A month or so ago I tried Slacker again only to get a recorded message that Slacker was not available in my location ... Burlington, ON.
    I think it's pay only now. I pay for the plus subscription at 4 bucks a month. I like the service a lot when it's working. I haven't found a better alternative for use with LMS yet.... so I live with the errors and hiccups and when it gets really bad, I just go to local radio channels streamed.

I had this problem a few months ago and ended up cancelling. Wish it worked better.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.