Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    594

    Does MySB.com still have a future ?

    I know this is probably impossible to answer accurately - but is there any information about if / when Logitech might pull the plug on MySB.com ?
    Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S5 (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

  2. #2
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,761

    [SlimDevices: SqueezeNetwork] DoesMySB.com still have a future ?

    > I know this is probably impossible to answer accurately - but is there
    > any information about if / when Logitech might pull the plug on MySB.com


    It will for sure. But there's no information whether it's today or in
    1030 years.

    --

    Michael

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by swayzak View Post
    I know this is probably impossible to answer accurately - but is there any information about if / when Logitech might pull the plug on MySB.com ?
    Only a logitech employee could answer this, and they are probably not allowed to make any early announcements. When the end comes, I suspect it will be sudden.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  4. #4
    Looking to it the other way around: which unique functionality does Mysb.com still delivers today? Does it really matter when it is shut down?

    As far as I can see the main reason users were relying on Mysb.com was Spotify, which is not the case anymore.
    For other functionality in most cases alternatives are possible, mostly via a local LMS solution. This might be a bit more difficult for regular users,
    but SB never was a plug&play product, and during the last years it is more and more moving into the DIY niche.

    I therefore think LMS and this forum are much more important for the remaining future of the SB-ecosystem than Mysb.com.

    Maybe I am missing something, but does anybody know widely used functionality from Mysb.com which is not available via LMS? I don't.
    Living Room: HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
    Attic: HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
    Kitchen: SB Radio
    Other rooms: 4x SB Radio

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by zordaz View Post
    Looking to it the other way around: which unique functionality does Mysb.com still delivers today? Does it really matter when it is shut down?

    As far as I can see the main reason users were relying on Mysb.com was Spotify, which is not the case anymore.
    For other functionality in most cases alternatives are possible, mostly via a local LMS solution. This might be a bit more difficult for regular users,
    but SB never was a plug&play product, and during the last years it is more and more moving into the DIY niche.

    I therefore think LMS and this forum are much more important for the remaining future of the SB-ecosystem than Mysb.com.

    Maybe I am missing something, but does anybody know widely used functionality from Mysb.com which is not available via LMS? I don't.
    pandora needs mysb.com. I know some users that only listen to free pandora.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  6. #6
    I still use quite a few mysb services on a weekly basis.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by wpf7 View Post
    I still use quite a few mysb services on a weekly basis.
    Which ones specifically. There are many mysb.com services that are available without mysb.com (using LMS). My example of Pandora was one that is not available without mysb.com (even on LMS).
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Which ones specifically. There are many mysb.com services that are available without mysb.com (using LMS). My example of Pandora was one that is not available without mysb.com (even on LMS).
    In order from most usage to least:

    Pandora
    Slacker
    Radionomy
    Mp3Tunes
    DI.FM
    Radiotunes
    SomaFM
    TuneIn

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,071
    Quote Originally Posted by wpf7 View Post
    In order from most usage to least:

    Pandora
    Slacker
    Radionomy
    Mp3Tunes
    DI.FM
    Radiotunes
    SomaFM
    TuneIn
    not sure about all of them, but TuneIn doesn't require mysb.com when one has a new enough version of LMS. So that's good news for TuneIn users.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by zordaz View Post
    Looking to it the other way around: which unique functionality does Mysb.com still delivers today? Does it really matter when it is shut down?

    As far as I can see the main reason users were relying on Mysb.com was Spotify, which is not the case anymore.
    For other functionality in most cases alternatives are possible, mostly via a local LMS solution. This might be a bit more difficult for regular users,
    but SB never was a plug&play product, and during the last years it is more and more moving into the DIY niche.

    I therefore think LMS and this forum are much more important for the remaining future of the SB-ecosystem than Mysb.com.

    Maybe I am missing something, but does anybody know widely used functionality from Mysb.com which is not available via LMS? I don't.
    I still run LMS on my Win (now v10) laptop so don't have a low energy Raspberry Pi etc. LMS server running 24/7. I have to turn on my laptop to access LMS.

    I (and my wife) often just access internet radio (or sometimes Deezer) via MySB.com (e.g. via preset buttons or SqueezeCntrl on our Android phones), without having to faff about turning laptop on.

    I realise this may appear a bit primitive given the plethora of low energy, always-on LMS options out there but it's "how we roll" (at least at the moment).

    So I for one would miss this instant streaming access with my setup when the plug is pulled on MySB.com.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •