Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Custom Clock Now Playing Alternative - touch, progress indicator disappeared

I've had a single Touch for some time with Custom Clock installed and using the 'Now Playing Alternative - touch' style. Recently I added a second Touch and installed Custom Clock onto it. At the same time I noticed that the progress indicator - the white blob that moves left to right at the bottom of the Custom Clock screen - was not displayed, on either Touch. All other items on the Custom Clock screen were intact (as was the progress indicator on the default Now Playing screen). I didn't change anything in Custom Clock Helper.

After removing the 2nd Touch the progress indicator is still not displayed on my original Touch. I've reset the Touch, restarted SSOTS and LMS, and rebooted the NAS, all to no avail. It's been a while since I configured this and I'm afraid my knowledge has faded, so I'd appreciate any info on what to check.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 06:37:22 MDT 2012
    Operating system: Linux - EN - utf8 (running on QNAP TS-112P)
    Platform Architecture: armv5tel-linux
    Perl Version: 5.10.0 - armv5tel-linux-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Player Model: Squeezebox Touch
    Firmware: 7.7.2-r9663

Temporary fix

Could it be because the URL for the style's 'elapsedimage' seems to be inaccessible (404 error) from a browser?
    http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/...e/progress.png

So is the 'background':
    http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/...ckground3f.png

To get it working I've substituted the 'elapsedimage' URL from a different style (although the background is still missing):
    http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/jiv...lider_10ft.png
    Last edited by losinj; 2017-06-07 at 09:26.

Have you checked to see if there are updated versions of Custom Clock applet and Custom Clock Helper plugin? I believe erland moved all his code to github, so the various image files should have moved as well.

Could you remind me how I would check for later versions? I can't see any obvious ways to manually update the applet (v2.11.139) or plugin (v2.10.92).

Quote Originally Posted by losinj View Post
    Could you remind me how I would check for later versions? I can't see any obvious ways to manually update the applet (v2.11.139) or plugin (v2.10.92).
    Looks like you are indeed running the latest versions.
    Could it be that you had modified the screensaver in the CustomClockHelper, and therefore it didn't pick up the changes to the default version? I looked at the "Now Playing Alternative - touch" in CCH, and the elapsedimage settings point to "http://erland.github.io/squeezebox-customclock/images/NowPlayingAlternative/progress.png" (in both the "url.playingslidingx" and "url.stoppedslidingx" fields.
    You might try exporting the current screensaver settings in the CustomClockHelper (in case you want to go back), and then try "Restore to online version or delete if only available locally" from the CCH page.

Excellent, thanks for that! Hadn't realised that my mods to the style would "orphan" it from future updates. Had I kept it original, are you saying it would have updated the URLs automagically, or advised me that an update was available?

I've kept my mods (to display my custom tags) but have incorporated the github URLs for the "broken" images.