Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [QUOTE=bpa;885986][QUOTE=frozzers;885963]
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

On many browsers if you right click on the URL - you'll get options such as Copy but also an option "Copy link address" which will do a full copy of the original URL whereas "Copy" just copies the text which has been shortened by the browser..
    This had me foxed a few months back too - Safari 10.1.1 on OSX highlights the URL in blue and also shortens the text - the right click option is 'copy link' and is context sensitive, it only appears when you click on a URL.
    LMS 7.9.1 1502265250 in a container on QNAP NAS | Touch | Boom | Boom | SB3

For me, using Safari 10.1.1 on MacOS 10.12.5, it's still the case that if you right-click on a shortened url in this forum and choose the only relevant option, "Copy Link", and then paste it somewhere, you get just the shortened version. Do it in Chrome or Opera, and you're offered "Copy Link Address", and in Firefox "Copy Link Location", and that will deliver the full url when you paste. Bit of a shortcoming in Safari, in fact.

thank you thank you thank you !

i really missed the extras a BIG thank you... works perfectly

just listening to feedback on radio 4 ... got told that iplayer login is going compulsory over next 2 3 weeks... is this beginning of the eventual end of BBC Radio on LMS ?
    Last edited by harrys; 2017-06-16 at 09:24.

Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    got told that iplayer login is going compulsory over next 2 3 weeks... is this beginning of the eventual end of BBC Radio on LMS ?
    Don't know. It seems unlikely as the BBC XML feed has no cpaability for preference it details every program - BBC would have to rewrite API and there has been no indication of this so far

BBCiPlayer Extra may eb affected btu again it depends on feed which BBC just recently hacked up supposedly to reduce maintenance and avoid any work for next 12 months when they will kill them - I'd be surprised if they now do more work on these "walking dead" feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Don't know. It seems unlikely as the BBC XML feed has no cpaability for preference it details every program - BBC would have to rewrite API and there has been no indication of this so far

BBCiPlayer Extra may eb affected btu again it depends on feed which BBC just recently hacked up supposedly to reduce maintenance and avoid any work for next 12 months when they will kill them - I'd be surprised if they now do more work on these "walking dead" feeds.
    oh ok, sounds like change will come slooow wrt to lms and your plugins, which i suppose is good news in a way .... for now nice to think that extras will now stay up for the medium term anyway ... thanks to all your work ofcourse !

Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    oh ok, sounds like change will come slooow wrt to lms and your plugins, which i suppose is good news in a way
    I doubt it - from past BBC behaviour - change will come suddenly with a brief announcement and probably resulting in total lack of service for an indeterminate amount of time and we can't plan for it. So no amount of worrying will help - so don't worry.

What time period is covered by the current BBC iplayer extras plugin? I was trying to find Radiohead at Glastonbury on 6 Music and couldn't.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What time period is covered by the current BBC iplayer extras plugin? I was trying to find Radiohead at Glastonbury on 6 Music and couldn't.
    Whatever the BBC delivers mostly 30 days but some have archives for decades such as Desert Island Disks. If you can find it on BBCiPlayer Radio - then it should appear in Extras.

TRy under Category "Latest Performance and Events - Page 10"

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Whatever the BBC delivers mostly 30 days but some have archives for decades such as Desert Island Disks. If you can find it on BBCiPlayer Radio - then it should appear in Extras.

TRy under Category "Latest Performance and Events - Page 10"
    You're right it's there. How did you find it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You're right it's there. How did you find it?
    You need to think like the BBC - Glastonbury is not a programme - it is an Event.

The BBC have gone out of their way to make sure people cannot find program alphabetically.