Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    26
    [QUOTE=bpa;885986][QUOTE=frozzers;885963]
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

    On many browsers if you right click on the URL - you'll get options such as Copy but also an option "Copy link address" which will do a full copy of the original URL whereas "Copy" just copies the text which has been shortened by the browser..
    This had me foxed a few months back too - Safari 10.1.1 on OSX highlights the URL in blue and also shortens the text - the right click option is 'copy link' and is context sensitive, it only appears when you click on a URL.
    LMS 7.9 in a container on QNAP NAS | Touch | Boom | Boom | SB3

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    450
    For me, using Safari 10.1.1 on MacOS 10.12.5, it's still the case that if you right-click on a shortened url in this forum and choose the only relevant option, "Copy Link", and then paste it somewhere, you get just the shortened version. Do it in Chrome or Opera, and you're offered "Copy Link Address", and in Firefox "Copy Link Location", and that will deliver the full url when you paste. Bit of a shortcoming in Safari, in fact.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8

    thank you thank you thank you !

    i really missed the extras a BIG thank you... works perfectly

    just listening to feedback on radio 4 ... got told that iplayer login is going compulsory over next 2 3 weeks... is this beginning of the eventual end of BBC Radio on LMS ?
    Last edited by harrys; 2017-06-16 at 09:24.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    14,817
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    got told that iplayer login is going compulsory over next 2 3 weeks... is this beginning of the eventual end of BBC Radio on LMS ?
    Don't know. It seems unlikely as the BBC XML feed has no cpaability for preference it details every program - BBC would have to rewrite API and there has been no indication of this so far

    BBCiPlayer Extra may eb affected btu again it depends on feed which BBC just recently hacked up supposedly to reduce maintenance and avoid any work for next 12 months when they will kill them - I'd be surprised if they now do more work on these "walking dead" feeds.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Don't know. It seems unlikely as the BBC XML feed has no cpaability for preference it details every program - BBC would have to rewrite API and there has been no indication of this so far

    BBCiPlayer Extra may eb affected btu again it depends on feed which BBC just recently hacked up supposedly to reduce maintenance and avoid any work for next 12 months when they will kill them - I'd be surprised if they now do more work on these "walking dead" feeds.
    oh ok, sounds like change will come slooow wrt to lms and your plugins, which i suppose is good news in a way .... for now nice to think that extras will now stay up for the medium term anyway ... thanks to all your work ofcourse !

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    14,817
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    oh ok, sounds like change will come slooow wrt to lms and your plugins, which i suppose is good news in a way
    I doubt it - from past BBC behaviour - change will come suddenly with a brief announcement and probably resulting in total lack of service for an indeterminate amount of time and we can't plan for it. So no amount of worrying will help - so don't worry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •