Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My guess is that the OP is/was a troll trying to cast doubt on the sound quality of the SB Touch while building up the wonders of the "great" FiiO X5 Gen II

Just saying.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    My guess is that the OP is/was a troll trying to cast doubt on the sound quality of the SB Touch while building up the wonders of the "great" FiiO X5 Gen II

Just saying.
    Considering it was his only posting, I think you are right.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    Considering it was his only posting, I think you are right.
    I even sent the OP a PM to let him know not to read any tone into my post and that I didn't notice it was his first post yet because his first post was in the Audiophile section, that wasn't a good place to start. I offered different things for him to check and try.

Mainly to run an LMS Server not mini-server on the Touch and make sure the the volume is at 100% on the Touch so there is not bit reduction.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

I have to say it's a crap marketing tactic to go slagging off a much loved obsolete music streamer to attempt to plug your portable music *player*. It's not even got a common function to talk about, it's just, different.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I have to say it's a crap marketing tactic.
    I'm of the opinion that all marketing tactics are crap...

Dave

BTW, I'm preferring the prospect of the UK's incipient "Coalition of Chaos" to the politicking on the left-hand side of the pond !

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    I have to say it's a crap marketing tactic to go slagging off a much loved obsolete music streamer to attempt to plug your portable music *player*. It's not even got a common function to talk about, it's just, different.
    The OP was no doubt rooted in perceptions based on sighted evaluations.

Didn't we have something similar lately with a Brokkoly DAC?
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

my first clue about his status was his remark about the Hi Rez files not sounding Audiophile quality. How many years have this board and many others had this debate on audiophile quality, when we all know or should know it all starts at the master recording. Just because a file is in FLAC of some other Hi Rez format does not mean it automatically can pass as audiophile. That just my 2 cents
    1st Touch in main HT rig hardwired to router connected

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch wirelessly connected (bedroom)

5th Touch 2 Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

6th Touch 4 Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
    running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup
    Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Didn't we have something similar lately with a Brokkoly DAC?
    I guess the placebophile snake oil pushers are getting more desperate...
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Recoveryone View Post
    my first clue about his status was his remark about the Hi Rez files not sounding Audiophile quality. How many years have this board and many others had this debate on audiophile quality, when we all know or should know it all starts at the master recording. Just because a file is in FLAC of some other Hi Rez format does not mean it automatically can pass as audiophile. That just my 2 cents
    Good points - and your 2 cents are probably equivalent of quite a bit more in the audiophile universe.