Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arnyk
    • May 2015

Originally posted by drmatt
    I have to say it's a crap marketing tactic to go slagging off a much loved obsolete music streamer to attempt to plug your portable music *player*. It's not even got a common function to talk about, it's just, different.
    The OP was no doubt rooted in perceptions based on sighted evaluations.

Comment

• Wombat
      • Feb 2006

Didn't we have something similar lately with a Brokkoly DAC?
      Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Comment

• Recoveryone
        • Dec 2006

my first clue about his status was his remark about the Hi Rez files not sounding Audiophile quality. How many years have this board and many others had this debate on audiophile quality, when we all know or should know it all starts at the master recording. Just because a file is in FLAC of some other Hi Rez format does not mean it automatically can pass as audiophile. That just my 2 cents
        Pioneer Elite N50 main HT rig hardwired to router connected

1st Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

5th Touch Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
        running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
        Windows 7 pro 64 bit
        350 Xternal gigHD
        1.5 TB backup
        Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Comment

• Julf
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Wombat
          I guess the placebophile snake oil pushers are getting more desperate...
          "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

• Julf
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Recoveryone
            my first clue about his status was his remark about the Hi Rez files not sounding Audiophile quality. How many years have this board and many others had this debate on audiophile quality, when we all know or should know it all starts at the master recording. Just because a file is in FLAC of some other Hi Rez format does not mean it automatically can pass as audiophile. That just my 2 cents
            Good points - and your 2 cents are probably equivalent of quite a bit more in the audiophile universe.
            "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

• Mnyb
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Recoveryone
              It's a very good piont that many audiophiles wants to forget

That probably 99.9% of all recordings ever done has less fidelity than 16/44.1 redbook ....

So the question about how good the latest hirez format is , is not even relevant ?
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
              Bedroom/Office: Boom
              Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
              Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
              iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
              (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
              server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• Golden Earring
                • Feb 2017

The Mythical Ethical Icical Tricycle

Originally posted by Wombat
                Fair call!

But then I'm still enjoying the suspension of disbelief, as indeed you may well be with your modded Transporter...

Dave

Comment

Working...