Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Fusion Research Ovation Music Manager?

Curiosity (and boredom) got the best of me and I did a search for open LMS servers out on the net. It's scary how many are out there. But this one caught my eye.

What's the story? Is this licensed? (Does it need to be?)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Care to share the URL?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Care to share the URL?
    No. There are search engines where you can do searches for such things, by port number or by page title. That's all I'll say.

There's a web site for Fusion Research, plus they have a YouTube channel.

I did some more poking around and a surprising percentage of open "Logitech Media Server" were running that version of it. It makes me wonder if the server hardware device that they sell is also functioning as a router/firewall on those networks and they leave port 9000 open by default.

I also found another, similar altered version by a company called S1Digital. They, too, have a web site.

Fair enough, I found the same sites. Open source software gets repurposed all the time. As long as they adhere to the terms of the agreement it's distributed under they are free to use it commercially if they choose to do so.

On the upside, they might have a modern UI and a recent Spotify implementation that won't stop working when the older API gets pulled. I doubt they would care to share...

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

You can see from the above screenshot that the Fusion Research version has no Information page in Settings, and no web interface for installing or managing plugins.

That's not the case with the S1Digital branded server. Everything is included there, and it's using all the common plugins, including those developed by 3rd party community members.

Well does any of them use mysqueezebox,com ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Well does any of them use mysqueezebox,com ?
    Isn't this what this was all about last year, from about post #52 onwards some irate mysb.com users?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ebox-com/page2
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    You can see from the above screenshot that the Fusion Research version has no Information page in Settings, and no web interface for installing or managing plugins.

That's not the case with the S1Digital branded server. Everything is included there, and it's using all the common plugins, including those developed by 3rd party community members.
    The website claims they do integrate all the features such as Spotify/tidal which are currently delivered by plugins. I would imagine that means the plugins exist but they disabled management of them as it's a shrink-wrapped thing.

Or, you are looking at old hardware and they have long ago moved on to shipping something kodi based, or whatever.

--

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Isn't this what this was all about last year, from about post #52 onwards some irate mysb.com users?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ebox-com/page2
    Somewhat , but main problem was that its excluded many raspi based users and other homebrewed players us normal users migth have and our phones tablets and gadgets ?
    The idea to block so that you at least have/had to own a real squeezebox at registred mysb.com sometime and then you can implement software players as you like seems fair to me , but i dont think it even got that far ??
    To much work to filter out "fair" users ?

No one really stepped forward and said Hi we are a third party hardware vendor that used your free software projekt (OK)

but we also abuse logiteech corps infrastructure to provide services for our users (not OK) can we continue with that ?

many of these implemetations are old and probaly being replaced by these companies and with a declining userbase .
    Migth not be worth the effort to do anything
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html