Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    That would make sense, except that the OP states "I thought that RPi3 with Digi+Pro would eliminate the connection of the SBT to the server (RPi3) over the network. Thus, giving me better sound?", so it is all about the network, not the connection to the DAC.
    OK, sorry I missed the bit about the OP thinking that eliminating the network link between player and server might improve the sound - which of course it won't.

I was responding to iPhone's statement about having a DAC sitting on top of an unshielded RPi.
    Transporter -> ATC SCM100A

Quote Originally Posted by celo View Post
    Sorry for missing out on the details.

Yes, I am using an older DAC with no USB and only up to 44.1 support. Don't want to change my DAC. Just purchased and love it.

I thought that RPi3 with Digi+Pro would eliminate the connection of the SBT to the server (RPi3) over the network. Thus, giving me better sound?
    I have the Squeezebox Touch and moved to the RPI3 with Digi+ (not the Pro). It's sonically a lot better though I wasn't particularly expecting a change; I moved to the RPI because it was a better general purpose solution that could cope better with a hard disk connected directly to it.